Taylor Swift is no stranger to boyfriends, but there won’t be one accompanying the singer to the Grammys on Sunday. Instead, she took to Instagram to share with all her Swifties that her childhood BFF, Abigail Anderson, will be joining her. If this doesn’t confirm that it’s T-Swift’s official year of the bestie, we don’t know what does.
She vacayed in Catalina Island with Olympian Gracie Gold and Jamie King, dominated the Golden Globe after-parties with Lorde and Selena, relaxed in Hawaii with Haim, and is always gallivanting in New York City with Karlie Kloss. But clearly not all of Swift’s close gal pals are famous. So to prep you for the red carpet on Sunday, here’s 11 things to know about Swift’s 2015 Grammys date.
1. She knows how to play dress up. Swift posted this picture on Instagram to announce that Anderson would be joining her at the Grammy Awards. They’re dressed up in what look like hilarious ‘70s prom queen costumes.
2. The two met in English class. “But my best friend, Abigail, we met when I was 15. First day of school freshman year we sat next to each other in English,” Swift told Oprah of her best friend.
Courtesy of University Daily Kansan
3. Anderson attended Kansas University on a swimming scholarship. Clearly she’s a lot more than Swift’s best bud. The swimmer has set records for her school’s medley relay.
4. But she can’t get Swift in the pool with her. “I’ve actually never seen her in a swimming pool, now that I think about it. We live on a lake, so we’ve gotten in there before, but … I’ve never seen her swim, I don’t think I ever will,” Anderson told the Lawrence Journal World in 2009. Hopefully that’s changed!
5. She was the subject of Swift’s “Fifteen” song & was in the “Picture To Burn” music video. Swift wrote the lyrics to “Fifteen” after she and Anderson experienced heartbreak. Hence the lyrics: And Abigail gave everything she had to a boy / Who changed his mind / We both cried
6. She’s passionate, just like Swift. "Abigail works with making sure that veterans from World War II get their compensation, “ Swift told Entertainment Tonight. “Like, she’s so passionate about it and it couldn’t be more different from my career or Lena (Dunham)’s career, but the fact that she is so passionate about what she does allows her to be able to relate to me on that level, that I’m so dedicated to what I do.”
7. Anderson first appeared on Swift’s Instagram 13 months ago. Swift posted a picture for Anderson’s birthday with the caption: “Happy New Year from two high school BFFs. A look at 2008 vs 2014.”
8. Even though her Instagram account isn’t very active. Anderson has a whopping 13.5 thousand followers – which she can most probably thank her famous BFF for – but she’s only posted one photo. And it’s a collage of pictures to celebrate her own birthday.
9. She gets to hang out with Swift’s famous friends. The two old friends spent a “casual Saturday night” together with Victoria’s Secret Angel, Lily Aldridge.
10. Anderson took Swift to class with her. During her freshman year, Anderson took Swift to her 400-student Journalism 101 class at Kansas University. The singer visited after she wrapped up a tour in Missouri. The students, of course, went crazy.
11. She loves Doritos and Reese’s Pieces. Hopefully Anderson can get her hands on some at the Grammys! Of the peanut butter snack, she tweeted: “I have a bag handy at ALL times lately…” and also noted that choosing between Cool Ranch, Nacho Cheese and Spicy Sweet Chili was “One of the most difficult decisions I’ve made in a while…”