101 Heartfelt Holi Wishes for Family, Friends & a Joyful Festival of Colors
Celebrate the Festival of Colors with these Holi messages.
Holi is an ancient Indian festival now celebrated throughout the world, and this year, Holi begins on March 7, 2023, and wraps up at the end of the day on March 8, 2023. Known for its vibrant colors and jubilant celebrations, this day celebrates the return of Spring, the eternal love of Radha Krishna, and the triumph of good over evil with the burning of demon Holika. People build bonfires, practice religious rituals, prepare delicious food and play music. The main festival is a beautiful free-for-all of colors, where people play in the streets, splashing each other with colored water and anointing each other with colored powders.
A key aspect of Holi is the celebration of friendship. Known alternately as the “Festival of Love,” the “Festival of Colors,” and the “Festival of Spring,” Holi is a time for setting aside differences and wiping away grudges. It’s the perfect chance to show your loved ones what they really mean to you. An important part of this is being able to wish those dear to you a happy Holi.
We’ve compiled a list of 100 Holi wishes, greetings and messages perfect to send anyone who might be celebrating. These celebratory phrases are sure to spark joy wherever they’re delivered, and your loved ones celebrating Holi will be touched that you thought of them on this special day. Read on for 100 Holi wishes perfect for any relation!
Related: 75 Holi Instagram Captions Celebrating the Festival of Colors
101 Happy Holi Wishes
1. Hoping your Holi is full of friendship and joy.
2. Thinking of you on Holi! Have a blessed day.
3. Holi is a day to make amends and honor friendships. I treasure your presence in my life today and always!
4. You make my life vibrant with love—happy Holi!
5. Wishing you a year of light and plenty. Have a playful Holi!
6. I hope your blessings this year are as numerous as the colors of Holi!
7. May your Holi be jubilant and full of love.
8. Although we may be far apart this year, you’re in my heart on Holi and always.
9. Have a joyous Holi! Wishing you and your family light and love this Holi.
10. Holi celebrates friendship so it’s the perfect festival for us! I can’t wait to cover you in colors.
12. May your Holi bring warmth and the renewal of Spring with the turning of the year!
13. Joyous Holi! I hope you have many gujiya and get to celebrate with all your loved ones.
14. You are like family to me. Cherishing you on Holi!
Related: What Is Holi?
15. Wishing you much laughter and fun this Holi.
16. Can’t wait to shower you in love like all the colors of the rainbow on Holi!
17. Holi is an important day for repairing relationships. Can we set aside our quarrel and celebrate together?
18. Blessed Holi to you and your family! I hope your wishes all come true.
19. Wishing you a year full of light, laughter, and the playful spirit of Holi!
20. Have a wonderful Holi full of color!
21. I hope you can gather with your loved ones and celebrate all that is good in the world this Holi!
22. Thinking of you and our love on Holi!
23. Wishing that you will reap a plentiful Spring harvest this Holi!
24. Have a happy Holi! I hope you have a lucky day filled with chance encounters and new love.
25. May your Holi be a break from life’s stress and a welcome moment of play!
26. Holi greetings of love and infinite joy!
27. Sending you every good wish this Holi.
28. Friendship is key on Holi and always—thank you for yours!
29. Rejoice on Holi and bask in the beautiful colors.
30. May the playful spirit of Holi live in your heart always.
31. I hope your loved ones are close to you on this Festival of Love. Have a lovely Holi!
32. Winter is ending, let’s celebrate! Happiest Holi to you and yours.
33. Your smile embodies the spirit of Holi. May your playful and bright spirit continue to flourish this year!
34. May the happiness of Holi light your way.
35. Let the spirit of forgiveness and friendship on Holi guide you in daily life. Thinking of you on this special day!
Related: Tasty Indian Street Food Recipes
36. I hope you have a special day full of colors!
37. Celebrate with your loved ones today—it’s Holi!
38. Have a vibrant and lighthearted Holi this year!
39. Wishing you happiness today on Holi and always.
40. Your friendship means the world to me—Happy Holi! Let’s celebrate.
41. May you be blessed with love, peace, and friendship on Holi!
42. Enemies to friends this Holi? Let’s set aside our differences and douse each other in color.
43. Just like the warmth of Spring always endures, so does our love. Happy Holi!
44. Hoping your Holi is just as radiant as you are!
45. You light up my life like the colors of Holi—have a joyous day!
46. Here’s to a playful Holi and a lighthearted year to come!
47. You are as mesmerizing as the colors of Holi—have a blessed day!
48. I hope you feel extra loved this Holi. You are in my heart!
49. Happy Holi! So grateful for your presence in my life.
50. May your Holi celebration be beautiful and full of friends and family this year.
51. Happy Holi! May your celebrations be as joyful as you are.
52. Warm wishes to you and yours on Holi.
53. Wishing you a Holi of peace and play in the beautiful colors.
54. Holi is the time to celebrate friendship, so let’s celebrate ours! Thankful for all the years I’ve known you.
55. Holi is such a special time of the year—enjoy this fabulous day of festivities!
56. Celebrate this Holi by letting go of grudges and letting your playful spirit shine.
57. Let’s celebrate the divine love of Radha Krishna this Holi.
58. I hope that every stranger you meet this Holi becomes a lifelong friend.
59. Wishing you and your family infinite blessings and joy on Holi.
60. Thinking of you, especially on Holi. Although we may be far apart, you are always in my heart.
61. As the flowers blossom for Spring, so too love blossoms in our hearts. Happy Holi!
62. May you have a triumphant Holika Dahan around the bonfires, and a beautiful Holi filled with color.
63. The beauty of Holi is that it doesn’t discriminate. We are all connected in the colors of the festival—rejoice!
64. May your life be colored with the hues of happiness on Holi!
65. Enjoy the Holi festivities! Wishing you much joy.
66. May the hope of Holi fill your heart this year and cast off winter’s gloom.
67. Holi is a time to start afresh; wishing you a new path of love and forgiveness this Holi.
68. Have a beautiful Holi filled with bright colors and laughter!
69. Wishing you all a blessed Holi, eat lots of mathri and celebrate with friends!
70. Frolic this Holi in the sea of colors!
71. Enjoy the music and festivities this Holi.
72. Wishing you a year filled with the vibrancy of Holi.
73. Joyous Holi! Thinking of you on this special day.
74. I can’t wait to smear you with colors this Holi—get ready!
75. Let’s celebrate our love with the colors of Holi! I can’t wait to join in the festivities with you.
76. May your Holi be filled with puran poli and a host of colors!
77. Have fun today on Holi and be sure to splash your friends with all the colors of the rainbow!
78. Wishing that your Holi is a special, blessed time for you and your family.
79. I treasure you on Holi and always! Have a beautiful, vibrant day!
80. I hope you feel extra loved today on Holi.
81. May your Holi be filled with forgiveness and light the way for you in life.
82. Happy Spring and happy Holi!
83. Rainbows in the sky are a sign of Spring just like rainbows on Earth are a sign of Holi. Have a festive day!
84. May you laugh until your stomach aches and smile until your cheeks hurt this Holi!
85. Enjoy the festive day of Holi! I hope you are able to celebrate with all those around you.
86. Happy Holi to all. May your day be filled with understanding and renewed friendship.
87. Wishing you success and prosperity on Holi.
88. May the beauty of Holi bless you always.
89. I hope your life is filled with colors on Holi.
90. Wishing you time well-spent with family, filled with good food and beautiful colors this Holi.
91. I hope your Holi is as beautiful as you!
92. Thinking of you on Holi. Enjoy the colors and the celebration!
93. Happiest Holi to you and yours. Wishing you all a lifetime of joy.
94. May Holi and the return of Spring bring blessings to you and your loved ones.
95. Dance and rejoice in the colors this Holi!
96. I hope that Holi may be a time of reflection and love for you this year.
97. May the joy of Holi remain in your life for the coming year.
98. Holi is the rainbow after the storm of winter—have a playful day!
99. You light up every room you enter, just like the colors of Holi!
100. I hope your Holi is full of life and laughter.
101. Happy Holi! Wishing you all the joys of the season.
Next up, here are 10 delicious Indian recipes to try for Holi!