Very Strawberry Shortcake
Enjoy strawberry shortcake with the ones you love. Just swap SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener for sugar in your berries and biscuits.
Very Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Serving Size: 1 shortcake, 1/4 cup strawberries
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 sprigs mint sprigs (optional)
- Stir together strawberries, 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and balsamic vinegar; let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine biscuit mix and 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, in a large bowl.
- Stir together yogurt and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/4-inch round cutter, reusing dough scraps, if necessary. Place shortcakes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with sliced strawberries and whipped topping. Garnish with mint springs, if desired.