5-Ingredient Pasta Recipes
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? Aside from pantry staples like salt, pepper and olive oil, these delicious pastas are made with just 5 ingredients.—F&W Editors
1. Spinach Pasta Carbonara
“This epitomizes the beauty of few-ingredient cooking,” says Claire Robinson.
1/2 pound lean slab bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 pound spinach fettuccine
1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (3 ounces)
1 large egg plus 2 large yolks
2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
One 5-ounce container baby spinach
1. In a large, deep skillet, cook the bacon over moderately low heat until crisp, 7 minutes.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until almost al dente. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the 1 cup of grated cheese with the egg, egg yolks and pepper. Carefully measure out 1 1/4 cups of the pasta cooking water and gradually whisk it into the egg mixture. Add the spinach to the fettuccine, then drain immediately.
3. Reheat the bacon in the skillet. Off the heat, add the fettuccine and spinach. Slowly pour in the egg mixture, tossing constantly with tongs. Set the skillet over moderate heat for a few seconds to warm the sauce; do not boil. Season lightly with salt and serve at once.
Recipe by Claire Robinson. Photo © Roland Persson.
2. Spaghettini with Mushrooms, Garlic and Oil
This simple pasta features sautéed mushrooms.
Photo © Hannah Queen
3. Fusilli with Creamed Leek and Spinach
Ready in just 25 minutes, this vegetarian pasta couldn’t be easier.
Photo © Quentin Bacon