11 Foods That Taste Amazing When They're Frozen
We don’t care how cold it is outside, these straight-from-the-freezer treats are so good we’ll eat them anytime of year.
1. Bananas. Peel them, freeze them, eat them. Savor their heavenly creaminess. Repeat. (Or, try these frozen chocolate bananas.)
2. Gummi Bears. Michael Y. Park is on to something here. (Though you should probably avoid the sugar-free version.)
3. Grapes. Frozen grapes are one of the tastiest, most satisfyingly sweet—not to mention healthiest—snacks around. (But they’re also on the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen list, so try to buy organic.)
4. Chocolate Pudding. For anyone who remembers Jello-O Pudding Pops.
5. Key Lime Pie. Frozen Key Lime Pie? Wow. Frozen Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate, a la Brooklyn’s Steve’s Authentic Swingle? Life-changing.
6. Mango. Cube a mango or two, then place cubes on a baking sheet and freeze overnight. Store them in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer, then enjoy them right out of the bag, or drizzled with just a bit of lime juice.
7. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies. OK, so few things are as delicious as a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie, but we recommend trying one frozen. They just might become a staple in your freezer.
8. York Peppermint Patties. Icy minty chocolate? Sign us up.
9. Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. Ditto.
10. Milanos. We particularly love these cookies frozen, then dipped in coffee or tea.
11. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Yum. Zo.