Biting into a plump, ripe, sweet fresh fig? There’s almost nothing better…which is why we dream of fig season all year. Luckily, there’s no shortage of treats swirled with fig jam and studded with dried figs too, so you can indulge outside of the summer months. From fig tarte tatin and fig cheesecake to chocolate-covered treats, here are 29 fig dessert recipes to showcase the fruit in all its forms.
1. Fig Tarte Tatin
Since this treat comes together in a single skillet, the most work you’ll have to do is slice some figs. Then, after a short trip in the oven, you’ve got caramelized fruit cradled in a blanket of crisp puff pastry. You’ve got nothing to lose.
2. Aran Goyoaga’s Fig, Honey and Lemon Tea Cakes
These little cakes are just the thing to serve in the afternoon with a cup of tea or coffee. They’re not too sweet, so a dusting of powder sugar is a welcome addition.
3. Fig–Dark Chocolate Brownies
These aren’t your usual boxed brownies. They’re made with a small amount of sourdough starter for tang, not to mention those swirls of sweet fig preserves.
4. Baked Brie with Figs, Pistachios and Orange
Cheese is definitely a dessert, and now that we have that discussion out of the way, we can all ogle this melty number.
5. Homemade Oatmeal Fig Bars
Once you try these chewy treats, which are flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg in addition to figs, you’ll never go back to the store-bought kind.
6. Fig and Honey Cheesecake Galette
It has the simplicity of a galette, the luxuriousness of a cheesecake and of course, plenty of figs.
7. Honey Cake with Fresh Figs
Floral, musky honey is a natural pairing for figs and here, it also complements the tangy goat cheese frosting.
8. Ginger Fig Tart with Chestnut-Almond Crust
The vanilla-ginger cashew cream filling is so luscious, you’ll hardly believe it’s vegan.
9. Chocolate Chip Fig Tahini Cookies
We know chocolate chips aren’t, like, asking for an upgrade. But sometimes it’s fun to switch things up, no?
10. Roasted Figs with Ice Cream
Roasting the fruit caramelizes the sugars and concentrates the flavor, making it the ideal accompaniment to vanilla ice cream.
11. Honey-Roasted Fig and Goat Cheese Ice Pops
You won’t find this flavor in the frozen aisle of your grocery store.
12. Honey Cake with Whipped Mascarpone and Figs
It sounds fancy, but it’s simple enough to make for a weekday (paired with coffee) or last-minute weekend occasion (paired with wine).
13. Vegan Chocolate Fig Tart
The figs bring out the earthy notes in the chocolate and add a bit of juicy freshness to an otherwise decadent dessert.
14. Salted Bourbon Vanilla Granola with Caramelized Fig Parfaits
And here we thought granola was just for breakfast.
15. Vegan Fig Bars
They’re made with oat flour and free of refined sugar, so they’re breakfast-worthy and snack-worthy, in addition to dessert-worthy.
16. Italian Fig Cookies (Cucidati)
These Italian bites are traditional around Christmastime, but they’re so cute, we’re making them all year.
17. Dark Chocolate Honey Fig Walnut Truffles
Make a batch to gift for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Arbor Day, whatever.
18. Smoked Sugar Ice Cream with a Bourbon–Fig Butter Swirl
If you have an ice cream maker and a lazy summer afternoon, we have just the project for you.
19. Maple Fig Tarte Tatin
It’s sticky, gooey and buttery in all the right ways.
20. Blackberry Fig Sage Ice Pops
They’re sweet, aromatic and impossibly refreshing. (Plus, look at those colors!)
21. Chia Pudding with Fig and Whipped Maple Butter
Dessert for breakfast, or breakfast for dessert? The choice is yours, friend.
22. Ginger Goat Cheese Cheesecake with Honey-Roasted Figs and Hazelnuts
The classic cheese plate pairing of figs and goat cheese works surprisingly well in a sweet dessert, too.
23. Healthy Fig Newtons
They’re no-bake, gluten-free, naturally sweetened and made with just eight ingredients.
24. Almond Flour Loaf Cake with Honey-Roasted Figs
We love the way the figs get sticky and candy-like in the oven. (Psst: This also happens to be gluten free.)
25. Roasted Fig and Ginger Ice Cream
An unlikely pairing that really works. It’s also plant-based and made with coconut milk, no big deal.
26. Dessert Cheese Board
Slices of cheese > slices of cake.
27. Caramelized Fig Upside-Down Cake
Upside-down cakes are kinda magical, if you ask us. They’re super buttery and caramelly, and they pretty much decorate themselves.
28. No-Bake Chocolate Cashew Fig Bars
Don’t they look gourmet? It’ll come as a nice surprise that they’re ready in three easy steps.
29. Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Brûléed Figs
Sprinkles are nice, but these sticky-sweet figs are even better.