Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
Adapted from the amazing Love and Lemons
- 2-3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, very coarsely chopped
- salt, pepper, olive oil
- about 6 oz. spaghetti noodles (we like Tinkyada)
- a handful or two of baby kale
- hot pasta water (about 1/2 cup)
- olive oil
- squeezes of lemon & some lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped olives (we love the marinated green one from Whole Food’s antipasti bar)
- red pepper flakes
- toasted pine nuts
Roast cauliflower, shallots, and garlic in a 450 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Be sure not to chop your garlic too small or it will burn before the cauliflower is done. Once it’s golden brown, remove from the oven. Mix it all together and taste a piece, it should taste nutty and delicious. If it doesn’t, add a small drizzle of olive oil, a teeny bit more garlic, and a pinch of salt if necessary. Set aside.
Cook your pasta for about 12 minutes or until it’s done but al dente. Place baby kale in a large bowl, and scoop your pasta noodles into the bowl with the baby kale and and toss so the baby kale begins to wilt. Add some pasta water to help that along.
Next add half the roasted veggies, another drizzle of olive oil, a good squeeze of lemon, some lemon zest, olives, and toss everything together. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with the rest of the roasted cauliflower and your desired toppings.