Fiesta Veggie Bowl
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, stredded
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T agave
- A couple pinches of garlic salt
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, agave, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Toast raw pepita seeds in a pan on medium high heat until golden. Stir occasionally while toasting. This will only take a couple minutes – be careful not to burn.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well. Let the slaw marinate for a few minutes before serving.
4. Serve with mexican tomato salad (recipe below), short grain brown rice + black beans, and avocado.
mexican tomato salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 T red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Dash of apple cider vinegar
- Dash of olive oil
- Pinch of garlic salt
1. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime, and garlic salt in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding a pinch more salt or squeeze of lime as needed. Let marinate for a few minutes before serving.