Sorry, Jennifer Aniston, but Kaley Cuoco is our new blond ambition. The actress’s hair, with its purposeful dark roots, is casual and cool. Even though she stuck to the same long and loose hairstyle on The Big Bang Theory, it’s offscreen ’dos like this ribbon-wrapped twist that make us really want to copy her look.
Cristina B. of the Rita Hazan Salon demonstrates how to get Cuoco’s ribbon-wrapped twist in the video above. Pay close attention to her trick for securing a silky, satin ribbon around the hair. But if you blink and miss, we’ve got more details below.
1. Massage Elujuda Fluent Oil into strands to smooth hair and tame flyaways.
2. Use a rat-tail comb to section off the right side of hair for twist. Depending on hair thickness, separate at 2 to 3 inches.
3. Spritz roots with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray, and comb product throughout. Pro tip: Hairspray adds hold for twist.
4. Create side twist by gathering individual pieces, adding hair as you go down the side of your head. Add an elastic at the midway point.
5. Clip loose hair to the side with an alligator hair clip or scrunchie.
6. Pin black satin ribbon onto the twist to hold in place, then wrap the ribbon around until you reach the end. Secure with an elastic to keep in place.
7. Unclip loose hair and add a slight bend to hair by wrapping large sections around a 1 1/4-inch barrel curling iron. Pro tip: Leave the ends straight for a perfectly imperfect finish.
8. Spritz again with hairspray to set style.