Hmmm... the page you're looking for isn't here. Try searching above.
  • Duchess of Sussex 'is struggling to cope and not answering my calls' says father

    Thomas Markle has said his daughter Meghan is struggling to cope with the burdens of royalty, and refuses to take his calls. He said he is worried the Duchess of Sussex is hiding the pressure of her new life behind a “pained” smile as she adjusts to her “prim” duties as wife of the fifth-in-line to the Throne. But he revealed she has not been in touch since a phone call after the Royal Wedding while he was recovering from the heart operation which caused him to miss her big day. He told the Sun on Sunday: “My thing about my daughter right now is that I think she is terrified. “I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now.” Thomas Markle, pictured here on Good Morning Britain in June, said his daughter had stopped taking his calls Credit: REUTERS/REUTERS He said that while her expression might be due to a “bad couple of days” it worried him, and led him to conclude she was under “too much pressure”. Adding that he could “die soon”, he said he wishes they would reconcile so he could tell her how proud he was - but she no longer answers her phone to him and staff at Kensington Palace will not return his texts. Mr Markle said: “I had a heart attack, doesn’t anybody care? I could actually die soon. Does she want this to be the last thing we’ve said to each other?” He said they pair had never gone so long without speaking, and that he wanted to clear the air and tell her how proud he is. Speaking from his seaside home in Rosarito in Mexico, the retired lighting director, 73, also offered an apology, saying: “If I had one message for her it would be that I’m sorry for anything that went wrong. I’d like to put our differences behind us and get together. I miss you very much.” Watch: Meet the Markles In early May Thomas Markle caused headlines around the world when it emerged he had colluded with a photographer to sell staged ‘paparazzi’ shots of his wedding preparations. After the scandal broke, Meghan is understood to have forgiven her father and his invitation to the Windsor ceremony was not withdrawn. But he developed chest pains on the day he was due to be driven to the airport and went instead to Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, ten miles over the US border,  where surgeons installed stents to open his clogged arteries. Meghan's father watched the ceremony from his hospital bed Credit: Dominic Lipinski/PA After watching the Prince of Wales walk his daughter down the aisle on television from his California hospital bed, he texted Meghan to tell her she looked beautiful. They discussed the wedding and he wished the couple a happy honeymoon. “That was the last call,” he told the newspaper. "The phone number I had been calling Meghan on is no longer picking up, and I don’t have an address for her. "I can send something to the palace, but there is no guarantee it would get to her. “I sent a text to my palace contact saying I would like to reach my daughter and got no reply.” Markle, who was reported paid £7,500 for a tell-all June interview with Good Morning Britain, said he wanted a father-daughter relationship, adding: “I took care of my mother the last five years of her life. "My daughter said to me she would take care of me in my declining years. I’m not talking about money - I’m talking about taking care of me.” On Saturday the Duchess of Sussex drew admiring glances at Wimbledon when she watched the ladies; singles final from the Royal Box with her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Cambridge.

  • Suspect dead, three officers wounded in Kansas City shootouts

    (Reuters) - Police shot and killed a man on Sunday after a series of shootouts on the streets of Kansas City in which three officers were wounded and hospitalized in stable condition, officials said. Undercover and tactical officers were following a person of interest in the murder of a university student when suddenly and unexpectedly he fired on them with a rifle, according to police in Kansas City, Missouri. This was the first time we laid eyes on him," Police Chief Rick Smith told reporters near the scene.

  • Report: Trump ‘Snubbed’ by Prince Charles and Prince William

    Prince William and Prince Charles both declined to meet with President Trump during his visit to the UK last week, according to The Sunday Times of London. Their apparent reluctance left Queen Elizabeth II as the lone member of the royal family to meet

  • Cardinals pitcher enters radar as Yankees and more seek help

    WASHINGTON - Contending teams pursuing starting pitching continue to operate as if Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard are not moving before the trade deadline, forcing clubs such as the Yankees to mull these questions in an ace-less marketplace: 1. Do they prioritize the kind of starter unlikely to be bothered by pennant-race intensity and likely to keep them in games such as Toronto’s J.A. Happ and Minnesota’s Lance Lynn, or do they gamble on more volatile types such as Cincinnati’s Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler, who have worrisome injury histories and concerns about their makeup, but stuff that if all goes well, pushes them up a rotation? 2. Do teams wait closer to the July 31 non-waiver deadline

  • FDA recalls heart meds used to treat high blood pressure over cancer concerns

    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a voluntary recall of several medications that contain the active ingredient valsartan, which is used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure. “This recall is due to an impurity, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), which was found in the recalled products, the FDA said in a statement Saturday. “However, not all products containing valsartan are being recalled.” Officials say NDMA is classified as a probable human carcinogen -a substance that could cause cancer. They said those findings are based on results from recent laboratory tests. The administration said the carcinogen’s presence is “thought to be related to changes in the way the active

  • We visited a cult-favorite Texas taco chain that's trying to take over America. Here's why Chipotle should be terrified.

    We believe tacos are our future. For too long, the burrito has ruled supreme over the world of Tex-Mex, at least since Chipotle's tentacles spread across the United States with the promise of a mainstream Mission-style burrito. But now, the burrito's reign is coming to an end- if Torchy's Tacos has anything to say about it. The taco chain started in a trailer in Austin, Texas, in 2006. Since then, it has grown a cult following in Texas and expanded to more than 50 locations. To topple Big Burrito, however, it's going to take more than some Texan pride. Torchy's needs to back its heady expansion goals with food that lives up to its enviable reputation.