Guess who’ll be rocking your TV set this fall?
Punk legend Iggy Pop, lead singer of The Stooges, will voice The Caterpillar on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. He replaces The Who’s Roger Daltrey, who voiced the character in an episode of mothership series Once Upon a Time, but was unavailable for its offshoot.
Pop’s famous voice, per EW.com, joins those of John Lithgow (Dexter) as the White Rabbit and Keith David (The Bible) as the Cheshire Cat.
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland premieres Thursday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c on ABC.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Orange Is the New Black breakout star Danielle Brooks is coming to Girls‘ third season. The actress tells Ebony she recently shot an episode of the buzzy HBO comedy, which is slated to return in January 2014.
• Showtime’s Penny Dreadful is adding two new stars to its already sprawling cast. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Helen McCrory (best-known to American audiences as the Harry Potter films’ Narcissa Malfoy) will play spiritualist Madame Kali. Meanwhile, Deadline reports that Billie Piper (Doctor Who) is joining the cast as an Irish immigrant trying to escape her dark past. The psychosexual horror series, which will explore some of literature’s most famous monsters, premieres in spring 2014.
• Oscar-winner Ben Affleck (Argo) will direct the pilot of The Middle Man, a ’60s-set Boston crime drama from Glenn Gordon Caron (Medium), for FOX, Variety reports.
• Danny Glover (Touch) will guest-star on NBC’s upcoming Ironside as father to Blair Underwood’s titular cop, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Ironside premieres on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 10/9c on NBC.
• Lifetime has greenlit The Gabby Douglas Story, a biopic about the famed American gymnast. Regina King (Southland) and S. Epatha Merkerson (Law & Order) will play Douglas’ mother and grandmother, respectively, while Imani Hakim (Everybody Hates Chris) and Sidney Mikayla (Whitney) will play the gymnast at different ages, per Deadline.
• 24 EP Howard Gordon and Drive writer Ben Queen are adapting the comic book Unthinkable as a pilot for FOX, Deadline reports. Described as “Castle set at the FBI,” the comic tells the story of a washed-up screenwriter who teams with a by-the-book FBI agent to stop an attack on the USA.
• Silver Linings Playbook mom Jacki Weaver will guest-star in an upcoming installment of ABC’s Super Fun Night. Weaver will play Pamela Boubier, the overbearing mother of Rebel Wilson’s Kimmie. According to the network, Mama Boubier is in town for another daughter’s engagement party but finds time to meddle in Kimmie’s work and social lives.
• Conan host Conan O’Brien will appear as himself in the Oct. 2 episode of ABC’s Nashville.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?