TVLine Items: Walking Dead's Season 4 'Twists,' Horror Story Companion Show and More!
The Walking Dead doesn’t return until this fall, but the team behind the gory AMC hit is already hard at work in the following Season 4 sneak peek.
The premiere will be penned by new showrunner Scott Gimple and directed by VFX mastermind Greg Nicotero, who promises “some great character turns and a lot of really good twists that will really delight the fans.”
The season opener is “bigger than any script we’ve ever done before,” he adds.
Press PLAY to watch the preview, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• American Horror Story: Coven may get a companion series. FX Networks CEO John Landgraf tells The Hollywood Reporter that “there’s a decent possibility” that the upcoming installment of AHS will feature a corresponding chatfest. However, unlike AMC’s The Talking Dead, Coven‘s companion show might run online instead of on TV.
• ABC is close to giving a straight-to-series, 13-episode order to The Black Box, Deadline reports. The drama, written by Amy Holden Jones (Mystic Pizza), is about a world-renowned neuroscientist who appears to have it all but constantly struggles with her mental illness. Ilene Chaiken (The L Word) will serve as showrunner.
• So much for staying out of the media: Bristol Palin and her sis Willow will trade lives with Joan Rivers and daughter Melissa on the June 23 episode of Celebrity Wife Swap.
• LeAnn Rimes will guest-star on FX’s Anger Management as the sister of Charlie’s prison-group member Wayne, per In Touch. And yes, she will hook-up with Charlie.
• The latest installment of Adam Scott’s The Greatest Event in Television History aired on Adult Swim last night, complete with a recreation of the Hart to Hart opening credits. Check it out below, alongside the original (thanks to the folks at Vulture), and then let us know how it compares (to Chuck‘s Hart-felt tribute).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?