TVLine Items: Kin Shriner Returns to GH, Robin Roberts' GMA Homecoming, Y&R Scoop and More
Kin Shriner, like many of his contemporaries, is returning to Port Charles.
Details surrounding Scotty’s homecoming are scarce, with ABC saying only that his “arrival in town will have a ripple effect on the Spencer family.” Shriner also tells the site that “there are four or five girls in that town” — including Lucy, Heather, Tracy, Anna and Laura — “that are ripe for some more Scotty action.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Robin Roberts is on the road back to Good Morning America. The anchor appeared via video on Monday to announce that she has gotten her doctors’ permission to begin the process of returning to the ABC morning show.
• In the wake of former General Hospital star Steve Burton joining The Young and the Restless, Y&R exec producer Jill Farren Phelps is opening up about how the CBS soap landed him. “I just kept thinking how great Steve would be in the part [of war veteran Dylan] but, at first, it was just a dream,” she tells TV Guide Magazine. But after working out a schedule that allows the actor to “continue to have the life he wants in Nashville,” the dream became reality. “Plus, Steve loved the idea of playing a character very different from Jason Morgan,” she says, adding that “He has new hair! And he’s actually going to be wearing colors other than black!”
• Showtime has decided not to move forward with its plans for a potential Californication spin-off, Deadline reports. The project would have centered on Maggie Grace’s character, Faith, who makes her debut in the current sixth season.
• ABC Family’s Switched at Birth will present an episode from the point of view of its deaf characters, told entirely in American Sign Language (ASL), on March 4.
• The full pilot of NBC’s new Jekyll-and-Hyde-esque series Do No Harm (premiering Jan. 31 at 10/9c) is now available for free online. (Click on the video below to play.)
• BBC America has released the first three minutes of its new original drama Ripper Street via YouTube. Click PLAY to get a first look at the series, premiering Jan. 19 at 9/8c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?