TVLine Items: New Horror Story Setting Revealed, Kathy Bates Visits Molly, More Maher and More
The next chapter of American Horror Story will be set in the past — and find Jessica Lange brandishing a very different accent.
Series creator Ryan Murphy tells EW.com that the FX spookfest’s next story will be set in the year 1950, and clues to its premise lie in the big happenings of that time period.
He also revealed that repertory member Lange is already at work on a German accent for her latest role. Hmm. Ready, set speculate!
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well….
* Anne Dudek (House) and Keith David (The Cape) will guest-star on NBC’s Grimm as an archaeology professor and a circus ringmaster, per The Hollywood Reporter.
* Michael Trucco (Battlestar Galactica) and Peter Coyote (E.T.) will appear on CBS’ Intelligence as Riley’s ex-boyfriend and Strand’s father, TVGuide.com reports.
* Kathy Bates (American Horror Story: Coven) will play an old gal pal of Molly’s mom on CBS’ Mike & Molly.
* Recent Blacklist guest star Jane Alexander will pop up on CBS’ Elementary as a longtime pen pal of Sherlock’s, TVGuide.com reports.
* HBO has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for a 35-episode Season 13, to debut in January 2015.
* FX has set a Tuesday, April 15 premiere for Fargo, its limited series starring Martin Freeman (Sherlock) and Billy Bob Thornton (The Man Who Wasn’t There) and inspired by the Coen Brothers film.
* TNT’s already renewed Major Crimes closed out Season 2 on Monday night with 5.4 million viewers, up 10 percent week-to-week.
Which of today’s TVLine Items have you talking?