Top Moments: The Office Has a Big Finish and Survivor Grins and Bears It
Dawn Meehan | Photo Credits: CBS
Our top moments of the week:
13. Most Fly Proposal: When Mindy decides she can't (read: doesn't want to) go to Haiti with her boyfriend Casey on The Mindy Project, she tries to back out by giving him a crazy ultimatum: She will only go if they are engaged. But since this is a sitcom, her plan backfires when Casey gets down on one knee at their bon voyage party and delivers the most ridiculous proposal. "I just had a little rap sesh with the notorious G-o-d. Know what 'G said? That's your girl, dude," he says. Be careful what you wish for.
12. The Best Laid Plans Award: On The Vampire Diaries finale, Stefan is finally ready to move on from Elena and his life in Mystic Falls until he comes in contact with Elena acting as the face of Silus. But as Stefan questions how Silus could still be alive, she explains that he is able to live on through a shadow self. Through a flash in the window, Stefan sees that Silus has morphed into his own shadow self. Before he can react, Stefan is staked and thrown in the river. Cut to black. Looks like Paul Wesley is back to playing a bad boy next season.
11. Saddest Redemption, Part i: After Juliette's lying, money-stealing ex-boyfriend Dante tries to blackmail her into paying $10 million for a sex tape, Juliette's mom, Jolene, takes matters into her own hands on Nashville. A very high Jolene meets Dante and threatens to shoot him if he doesn't give her the file. When he refuses, she shoots and kills him. A distraught Jolene tries to numb the terror of her actions with drugs and ends up overdosing. On the upside: This is going to make for a great country song.
10. The Truth Comes Out Award: On Revenge, after Declan dies in the Grayson Global explosion, which was set off by Conrad, Jack is out for, well, revenge. Just as he's about to kill Conrad and Daniel, Emily stops him and finally comes clean. "Deep down inside, you've always known the truth," she says. "I'm Amanda Clarke." So will Jack join her revengenda next season?
9. Best (Un)Call: After (finally!) kissing and then (finally!) sleeping together on New Girl, Nick and Jess decide to call off their very confusing and very complicated "situation" at CeCe's wedding. However, after a very wise Winston tells Nick that he doesn't have to run from everything like his dear old dad, Nick goes outside to search for Jess and finds her teary-eyed, standing in front of the car. "Please can we un-call it? Before you say no, don't say no." Nick passionately kisses her and tells her to get in the car so they drive ... somewhere. Road trip!
8. Most Overdue Victory Following performances by Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez and Psy, among others, American Idol finally crowns Candice Glover, its first female champ after a five-year streak of male winners. It's a tearful but triumphant accomplishment for the girl who got cut before the finals twice before. The tenacious singer caps off the evening with a somewhat shaky but heartfelt rendition of her new single, "I Am Beautiful" as the confetti falls. Victory is sweet for the Candy Girl!
7. Most Electric Finale: If last year's Grey's Anatomy finale was a literal bloodbath, this season's finale is more about sangfroid. Cristina and Owen break up (again). Callie and Arizona wrestle with the latter's infidelity. Meredith endures agonizing labor. And Richard has apparently been electrocuted. No death (yet), but wow, could there be more peril?