Top Moments: New Girl Does the Deed and The Good Wife Switches Sides
Jake Johnson and Zooey Deschanel | Photo Credits: FOX
Our top moments of the week:
12. Best Fighting Words: While Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey are busy pulling each other's pigtails over on American Idol, the coaches on The Voice get snippy because they care. After Blake Shelton picks country singer Holly Tucker over the eclectic Luke Edgemon, Adam Levine is outraged. "Let me explain why you're an idiot, because he's a whole unique thing," Adam squarely says to Blake. Play nice, boys!
11. Worst Jump in the Sack: Just as exes Rayna and Deacon look ready to move on with their respective significant others on Nashville, Rayna stops by Deacon's place in the wake of a dust-up he has with his girlfriend about his feelings for Rayna. Rayna proclaims that she loves him and the two passionately kiss before taking it to the bedroom. Ugh, can't we just let Juliette anchor this show solo? We've heard this Rayna-Deacon tune way too many times before.
10. Best Redemption: Andy Dick's Dancing with the Stars elimination is a foregone conclusion after he (undeservedly) earned a 5 from Carrie Ann Inaba, but it's still moving nonetheless. Having defied everyone's expectations of his dancing and his persona, the newly sober star chokes back tears as he says his goodbyes. "It's just been the best," Andy says, his voice cracking. "The fact that we are here in Week 7 is amazing. I really thank everybody here. The fans, the judges — it's been a wonderful, wonderful ride." Of course, he couldn't leave without one last zinger: "Carrie Ann, I'm going to kill you for that 5! What did you do? It's all your fault."
9. Worst Surprise: In the final moments of Grey's Anatomy, Jo shows up at Alex's house, bruised and beaten. If Chest Pecwell is behind this, Alex better kick his butt!
8. So You Think You Can Dance Award: Rebel Wilson's not just a great improv comedian — she can dance on the fly too! On Late Night, Jimmy Fallon challenges Wilson to create randomly named (and heretofore nonexistent) dance moves. Quick on her feet (no pun intended), Wilson grinds out "The Mick Jagger Chicken" and teams up with Fallon for "The I'm Holding Too Much Eye Contact While Thrusting." Take that, "Harlem Shake"!
7. Bloodiest Cliff-Hanger: You didn't think The Following would end its first season without a steep body count, did you? After Joe Carroll apparently dies in an explosion (according to DNA and dental records), Ryan and Claire retreat to his place, where they find Ryan's ex Molly, who stabs them both and tells him, "You were always my chapter." We're pretty sure that Kevin Bacon will be back next season, but without his creepy flirtation with Joe Carroll's ex, what will he have to live for?
6. Why the Face? Award: The last time Ke$ha was on Conan, she talked about having sex with a ghost. This time? She wears a dress adored with tiny Conan faces, tells him how she uses her breasts to write songs ("I just let them tickle the ivories") and brings him some sexy gifts: a fan's tooth dipped in gold and a pair of tighty-whities with her face on them. Naturally, Coco puts them on. "I'm wearing your underwear, I've got the tooth, and thinking about your breasts playing the piano," he says. "This is the greatest night of my life."
5. Best (Lack of) Action: It's the moment Scandal fans have been waiting for! After Mellie set a deadline for Fitz to try to rekindle their marriage, POTUS (finally!) decides once and for all to let the clock run out in order to prove to Olivia that he's chosen her. He certainly "earned" her in the shower, don't you think?