Top Moments: The Following's Eye-Opener and the Ends of Fringe, Private Practice
The Following | Photo Credits: FOX
Our top moments of the week:
16. Creepiest Misunderstanding: When New Girl's Jess discovers that one of her students is drawing mutilated deer, Nick thinks it's a warning sign of his impending homicidal tendencies. So he investigates. Of course he and Jess get caught red-handed at his house, where they learn that he doesn't want to kill his teacher, he's just working on a graphic novel. But there are stillhorrors to behold: The feisty older woman who lives with the student isn't his mom; it's his girlfriend.
15. Wettest Hook-Up: Get your minds out of the gutter, readers! When Mindy tries to orchestrate a casual hook-up with rival (hot) doctor Brendan (Mark Duplass) on The Mindy Project, things quickly escalate from kinda awkward to incredibly cringe-worthy. (Michael Scott would be so proud!) Right before they're about to get down to business, Mindy excuses herself to freshen up. In the bathroom, she accidentally starts up Brendan's high-tech shower that appears out of nowhere and sends Mindy slipping and sliding to the floor. Here's hoping he has protection! You know, like Band-Aids.
14. Best Double-Take: Just when Rayna has reassured her estranged husband that she hasn't cheated on him since their impromptu separation on Nashville, both husband and wife get a rude awakening when Deacon, Rayna's ex, boards her plane. Horrified, Rayna asks her manager if he hired Deacon as her new guitar player behind her back. No, it's worse. He's on the plane as a member of rival Juliette's entourage. Buckle your seat belt, Deacon, this is going to be a very bumpy ride.
13. Most Hands-On, Part I: On Nikita, Nikita and Michael finally track down Amanda, which leads to a car chase and flying bullets. After Amanda's cohort Anne flips Nikita and Michael's car with a grenade, Michael is pinned underneath as the flames rise. Knowing it's about to blow, Nikita does the only thing she could think of to save her fiancé: chop off his pinned hand.
12. Worst Collateral: You didn't really think Victoria was going to die, did you? Emily convinces Aiden not to carry out The Initiative's order to kill Queen V just before he pulls the trigger on Revenge, but there is still a body count. The Initiative had been holding Aiden's sister Colleen hostage and appears to kill her via a drug overdose in retaliation for his failure to off Victoria. "It's you I shouldn't have trusted," Aiden tells Emily. "If she is dead, then this is on you." Uh-oh.
11. Best Confession: Jane goes to great lengths to figure out if her new — and extremely attractive — co-worker Brice (John Stamos) is gay on The New Normal. Once Brice realizes what Jane is up to, he storms out. The next day, she tries to explain she doesn't want to be tricked like she was by her gay ex-husband. Taken aback by her honesty, Brice lays a big smooch on her. "Still think I'm gay?" he asks. "I don't care," she replies breathily. Whatever team he plays for, we're in too.
10. An Affair to Forget Award: Mike gets attacked on the street on Suits, but this is no random mugging. The guy is the husband of Tess, Mike's childhood pal, with whom he's having an affair. "I'm sorry. It's over," Mike pleads before getting his ass kicked. "You think it's that easy?" Mr. Tess sneers. "Keep your goddamn apology and stay the hell away from Tess!" Can't say you didn't have that coming, Mike. But at least you've got Louis to patch up your wounds.
9. Save the Best for Last Award: Private Practice takes cares of the major business at the top of the show's hour-long finale when Addison gets married. Although it might seem anticlimactic, the structure allows the spotlight to switch to the show's stellar supporting cast and their own well-deserved happy endings — including the big shocker that Sam and Naomi end up remarrying and having another child together. Pass the tissues, please!