The Nine Worst Splashes of 'Splash'
Whether you tuned in to see the triumph of the human spirit or to share in some good old-fashioned celebrity schadenfreude, "Splash" had you covered. In honor of its season finale this week, here's a look back at some of the show's worst dives.
9. Celebrities like Nicole Eggert shouldn't be high-diving for the same reason a 12-year-old shouldn't fly a plane: It takes years of training, no matter what Greg Louganis (or all those airplane-disaster movies from the '70s) say. The best you can hope for is just to be humiliated:
8. You will, no doubt, recognize this most traditional of dives by soccer player Brandi Chastain -- the one and a half somersault with a sit:
7. Braver than Louie Anderson diving blind off a 10-foot board: soldiers, firefighters, some very small dogs, nobody else.
6. At least some contestants made the most of their time on the show. Chuy Bravo is seen here auditioning for the role of Peter Pan. Watch your back, Cathy Rigby.
5. The average diver is a foot and a half shorter than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. So let's try to remember him as a six-time NBA Most Valuable Player, perfector of the sky-hook, and not, well ... this: