Steven DeKnight's Incursion Still In The Works At Starz
Steven S. DeKnight attends the 'Spartacus' Press Room during 2012 Comic-Con International held at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel on July 13, 2012 -- Getty Images
"Incursion," the project-in-the-works from "Spartacus" creator Steven DeKnight is still in the works, Starz Chief Executive Officer Chris Albrecht said on Friday.
"The status of Steven's show is that we're finishing all the episodes, we've put together a writers room, there's been a lot of preproduction work that's been done," Albrecht said on Friday during the Television Critics Association Summer Tour in Beverly Hills.
Albrecht said they've realized that making the show will be "challenging, from a production point of view," and so they are taking their time to do it right.
"It really is a theatrical film in terms of -- the one liner [description of the show] of 'Band of Brothers' meets 'Halo' is really apt," he said of how big the production is.
Albrecht said the project is "very much alive," but it is on a "slow pause" because of the costs associated with it at the moment.
"We just need to do a lot more work in the preproduction phase," he added.
In related Starz news, the network announced that it has renewed "Black Sails," the yet-to-debut pirate drama from executive producer Michael Bay, for a second season. The show was greenlit for another season in part due to the response it received when they showcased the pilot for a select audience at last week's Comic-Con.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.