NBC’s ‘Smash’ To Move To Saturday, ‘Go On’ To Thursday, ‘Ready For Love’ To Tuesday
Ovation Acquires ‘Smash’ For July Debut
NBC just made several scheduling changes, with low-rated Smash moving to Saturdays, and Go On getting a tryout on Thursday following the last episodes of the The Office. There is still some good news for loyal Smash fans — NBC is committed to airing all 17 episodes of the series’ second (and certain to be final) season. New reality series Ready For Love is getting a major upgrade. The two-hour show was originally slated to premiere on March 31 and air from 8-10 PM on Sundays, leading into The Apprentice. The dating series executive produced by Eva Longoria, which NBC brass have very high hopes for, is now getting the plum Tuesday 9-11 berth behind The Voice as of April 9. It will take over NBC’s Tuesday comedy block of Go On and The New Normal and drama Smash, which will all still get two airings on Tuesday with The Voice as 8 PM anchor. With Ready For Love relocating, NBC will air reruns of the Monday and Tuesday episodes of The Voice on Sunday, followed by Celebrity Apprentice, which will expand to two hours beginning April 14. We started the season with a three-way comedy face-off in the Tuesday 9 PM hour as Fox, ABC and NBC all scheduled single-camera half-hours in the slot. As of next month, only Fox will air comedies in the hour. Starting next week, Fox also is scaling back its comedy presence on the night from two to one hour (9-10 PM) but I hear the network brass remains committed to keeping comedies on Tuesday next season. Here are all the NBC changes:
READY FOR LOVE
- Will now air Tuesdays, beginning April 9 (9-11 p.m. ET) following “The Voice.”
- Beginning April 14 (9-11 p.m ET) will be expanded to two hours through the end of May.
- Will air encore episodes on Sunday, March 31 and Sunday, April 7 (7-10 p.m. ET), leading into original episodes of “The Celebrity Apprentice” (10-11 p.m. ET).
- Moves to Thursdays on April 4 and April 11, which will be the season’s final episode. Both episodes will air at 9:30-10 p.m. ET following “The Office.”
THE NEW NORMAL
- One-hour season finale on Tuesday, April 2 (9-10 p.m. ET) following “The Voice.”
- Moves to Saturdays at 9 p.m. beginning April 6 and will air its entire season of 17 episodes.
- Will have a one-hour season finale on Wednesday, March 27 (8-9 p.m. ET).