Grey's Anatomy Recap: "Idle Hands"
Ellen Pompeo | Photo Credits: Kelsey McNeal/ABC
It's the moment Callie and Arizona — and Calzona fans — have been waiting for: After months of dealing with the aftermath of the plane crash and Arizona's insecurities when it came to her prosthetic leg, the couple finally had sex! In true Calzona fashion, their trip to sexytown in Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy lent for some comedy and — for this reporter — some blushing. But that wasn't the only great moment of the hour. Check out the other top moments below:
1. Meredith's baby woes: Knowing her history of bad luck, Meredith worries that there's something seriously wrong with her McFetus. Fortunately, she and McDaddy own a hospital now so they can run the gamut of prenatal tests, all of which tell them they have a happy and healthy baby boy on the way. Who wants to bet that they name the kid Sloan Grey?
2. The new ER: The state of the art emergency room at Grey Sloan Memorial is outfitted with a Lodox machine, which essentially takes an x-ray scan in 13 seconds. Cool? Very. Except they can't find a patient to use it on. Owen and Jackson even try to poach patients to get them in the machine. Before they're forced to resort to using it to find the marble in Mousey's nose (ew?), a patient finally comes in who needs it. Yay for technology!
3. Alex is a prankster: When a young cancer patient is crestfallen to learn that Intern Jo is dating Chesty McNoName (Yeah, we're still going to call him that, though we know his name is Jason), Alex teams up with the kid to prank McNoName, sending him all over the hospital with different pages, one of which sends him looking for a patient named Jenny Tailia. The pranks culminate in McNoName thinking he has to give Bailey his urine for a drug test. But McNoName takes it with a grain of salt, telling Alex that he'll have the last laugh later that night while having sex with Jo in the bathroom at the bar. It's on, McNoName. You're dead to us.
4. Cristina's jealousy: Once Cristina learns that an old classmate has gotten published, she sets her sights on getting on a research project, but Dr. Russell, the cardio head, only wants to pitch her to get 12 million instead of letting her in on it. So, Cristina cuts his funding in order to fund Bailey's human genome mapping project, forcing Russell to let her in on his project.
5. April's metaphor: When she starts comparing having sex to "going to the carnival" and wanting to go on the rides with Matt, April cemented a place in our heart. That's all.
What was your favorite moment from Thursday's episode? Hit the comments!
Grey's Anatomy airs Thursdays at 9/8c on ABC.