'Dancing With the Stars' Season 16: What we know (and might know) so far
Facts: The 16th season of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" will premiere on March 18, with Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke Charvet as hosts.
Lindsay Arnold, Mark Ballas, Sharna Burgess, Cheryl Burke, Henry Byalikov, Valentin Chmerkovskiy, Tony Dovolani, Derek Hough, Tristan MacManus, Peta Murgatroyd, Emma Slater, and Karina Smirnoff make up the professional dancer cast, and Super Bowl champ Jacoby Jones is the first, and so far only, ABC-confirmed celeb hoofer.
Jones, a Pro Bowl wide receiver who helped his team, the Baltimore Ravens, to a Super Bowl victory earlier this month, famously made the 108-yard touchdown to open the championship game's second half and was the Sports Illustrated cover guy for his efforts.
As for the rest of the cast, we have scores of rumors to sift through until the official lineup for Season 16 is announced on "Good Morning America" Tuesday morning. As usual, it's an eclectic bunch of famous types who are making up the season's rumored pool of contestants:
- The biggest rumor of the season so far says two major reality shows will come together when "American Idol" Season 5 alum Kellie Pickler takes on "DWTS."
- TMZ.com reports that Pickler's not the only country music diva in the cast; Wynonna Judd is also a rumored celeb toe tapper for season 16.
- As usual, ABC is also mining its own network lineup for the show, as TMZ.com says that current "Bachelor" Sean Lowe will compete on Season 16.
- Rounding out TMZ.com's list of purported contestants: 2012 Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Aly Raisman.
- Food Network star and chef Bobby Flay and boxing champ Victor Ortiz are names being bandied about by RumorFix.com as contestants, but Flay reportedly joked that his wife told him she'd divorce him if he went on the show.
- HollywoodLife.com reports that San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was invited to be on the show but may have declined the chance to once again compete against his Super Bowl XLVII rival Jacoby Jones. HollywoodLife.com also reports that "Jersey Shore" alum Deena Cortese is a "DWTS" hopeful.
- Soap Opera Digest columnist Carolyn Hinsey tweeted that another "General Hospital" star may be among the Season 16 dancers, and "GH" star and Daytime Emmy winner Finola Hughes has said in many interviews that she's a big fan of "DWTS" and would love to compete.
- And among the other random celebs rumored to be joining the cast, asked to join the cast, or interested in joining the cast: Kourtney Kardashian, Christie Brinkley, Perez Hilton, Dina Lohan, '80s pop star Tiffany, and, in one of the most bizarre "DWTS" rumors ever, "Teen Mom" grandma Barbara Evans, she of the turbulent relationship with teen mom Janelle Evans.
So, tell us … do you believe any of the rumors? Whom would you like to see on the 16th season of "DWTS"?