'Dancing With the Stars' Cast Announcement: Andy Dick, Dorothy Hamill, and More
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 16 cast
The beat goes on and the dancing never stops. "Dancing With the Stars" has announced the cast for it's 16th installment, which kicks off on March 18 on ABC.
Previously announced contestant Baltimore Ravens Wide Receiver Jacoby Jones and rumored castmembers Kellie Pickler, Wynonna Judd, and Aly Raisman will be joined by two comics, a Disney youngster, a reality star, and another Olympic gold medalist. The motley crew will use rhythm and grace (or, at least, attempted rhythm and grace) to fight for the coveted mirrorball trophy.
Here is the full lineup, including pro partnerships:
- Football player Jacoby Jones with partner Karina Smirnoff
- Actor and Comedian Andy Dick with partner Sharna Burgess
- Reality star Lisa Vanderpump with partner Gleb Savchenko
- Actor and Comedian D.L. Hughley with partner Cheryl Burke
- Singer Wynonna Judd with partner Tony Dovolani
- Singer and Reality star Kellie Pickler with partner Derek Hough
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman with partner Mark Ballas
- Olympic Figure Skater Dorothy Hamill with partner Tristan MacManus
- Boxer Victor Ortiz with partner Lindsay Arnold
- Actor and Singer Zendaya Coleman with partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- Actor Ingo Rademacher with partner Kym Johnson
Coleman, a star of Disney's popular show, "Shake It Up," is only 16 years old and therefore the youngest contestant in "DWTS" history. Raisman and Hamill are faced with some serious pressure -- gymnast Shawn Johnson and figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi were both hugely successful on previous seasons.
From eccentric and outgoing stars like Dick and Vanderpump, we're not necessarily expecting amazing performances, but we are looking forward to their inevitable drama and clashes with their partners.
As for the pros, Chelsie Hightower confessed she was not invited back for this season, while favorite Maksim Chmerkovskiy released a statement explaining his absence.
"I just want to set the record straight to all of my amazing fans that I will unfortunately not be returning for this season of 'Dancing With the Stars.' I've been a pro dancer on the show for about seven years now and am eager to explore other opportunities that have been made possible because of the show. I'm going to take this time to dive into producing and acting, while fulfilling my sponsorship obligations," he said. "A big thank you to all of my fans for your never-ending support. I also want to thank the entire cast and production of 'Dancing With the Stars.'"
Thankfully, there's a trio of newbies -- Sharna Burgess, Gleb Savchenko, and Lindsey Arnold -- joining the gang of pros. Fans of "So You Think You Can Dance" should recognize Arnold, who was paired with fan favorite Cole Horibe durig last summer's season.
"Dancing With the Stars" Season 16 begins on Monday, 3/18 on ABC. The first elimination is slated for Tuesday, 3/26.