Parenthood‘s winter finale weepfest this Tuesday night squeezed 5.7 million total viewers into Kristina’s hospital room, while winning the 10 o’clock hour with a 2.0 demo rating.
That represents gains of 15 and 11 percent from its last fresh episode and matches the NBC drama’s season high in the demo.
Decidedly on the downside this Tuesday, meanwhile, were NCIS (slipping 11 and 22 percent to 17.5 mil and a 2.8, its lowest rating since Feb. 2005) and Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (dropping 17 percent to 2.5 mil/1.0).
RELATED | Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Finales Calendar!
Elsewhere on Tuesday….
* NBC’s The Voice was steady with 11.3 mil and a night-leading 3.5 rating. Night 2 of Take It All (7.3 mil/2.3) grew a bit from its Monday debut and placed second in the demo above its ABC and Fox sitcom rivals.
* Leading out of NCIS, NCIS: LA (15 mil/2.6) won its hour in the demo while dipping 10 percent. Vegas closed CBS’ night with 10.3 mil/1.5, adding a few eyeballs but down a tenth in the demo.
* ABC led off Tuesday with Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (5.6 mil/1.7), followed by Happy Endings (flat at 3.3 mil/1.3) and the aforementioned B—-. An impressively powerful episode of Private Practice (3.8 mil/1.2) shed a few viewers while holding steady in the demo.
* Over on Fox, Raising Hope (4 mil/1.7) was up 10 and 21 percent leading into a Ben and Kate rerun. New Girl (4.24 mil/2.0) was flat, while The Mindy Project (3.03 mil/1.4) gained some viewers and inched up a tenth.
* The CW’s Hart of Dixie slipped 11 percent in total audience (to 1.4 million viewers) but ticked up a tenth in the demo (to a 0.6).