Time to look ahead to next week’s episode of The Walking Dead.
In the power vacuum left by Rick’s huge retreat, Maggie and Carl have stepped up as worthy leaders who aren’t afraid to act. Now in every community, there’s someone gunning for the throne — Spencer in Alexandria; Dwight in the Sanctuary; Jesus, well, on Maggie’s behalf in the Hilltop; and next week it looks like pig farmer Richard wants to call the shots in the Kingdom.
And if we had to guess how this plays out:
- Spencer, dead — the moment he tries anything.
- Dwight switches sides, tries to double-cross Negan, ends up super, extra dead.
- Maggie and Jesus have almost pushed Gregory out of the way, but he’ll probably try to stab them in the back and fail miserably. Again.
- And we’re not too confident in Richard’s success. King Ezekiel has a tiger. And tiger trumps pig any day of the week.
- As for Carl and Jesus, we think we’ll be left hanging on their fates in the next episode. These writers love to create needless drama by withholding information. Do we even have to bring up the Morgan backstory episode?
We’ll also catch up with Tara and Heath next week. Remember them? Do you care? No? OK, well, they’ll be doing stuff, dealing with the moral gray area when they murdered Saviors at that outpost last season. Still not interested? Alright. Well, we’ll see you, and hopefully not too much of them, next week on Walking Dead Ahead.
The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.
Check out our Walking Dead power rankings so far this season: