FILE - This Jan. 2, 2013 file photo shows Shain Gandee, from MTV's "Buckwild" reality series in New York. Gandee was found dead Monday, April 1, in a sport utility vehicle in a ditch along with his uncle and a third, unidentified person, authorities said. Kanawha County Sheriff's Department Cpl. B.D. Humphreys said the bodies of cast member, Shain Gandee, 21, his uncle David Gandee, 48, and the third person were found Monday near Sissonville. (Photo by Amy Sussman/Invision/AP, file)
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show "BUCKWILD" and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Twenty-one-year-old Shain Gandee, his uncle and another passenger were found dead Monday. Gandee's 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It's possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.
The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.
Their deaths have been ruled accidental.
The victims' bodies have been released to funeral homes, but no arrangements have yet been announced.
Shooting for the second season of the show set around Sissonville and Charleston has been suspended.