Are Axel Foley and Billy Rosewood headed back into the field together?
From Shawn Ryan (The Shield), the prospective series is touted as a continuation of the film franchise centering on Foley’s police officer son Aaron (played by Brandon T. Jackson), who takes down Beverly Hills’ rich and famous criminals while trying to escape the shadow of his infamous dad (played by Murphy, who, in addition to guest-starring in the pilot, will recur if CBS gives it a green light).
Christine Lahti (Chicago Hope) also co-stars in the project.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Workaholics‘ Anders Holm is coming to The Mindy Project as a new love interest for the leading lady. He’ll join the Fox comedy for four episodes as a very cool Lutheran pastor who brings his DJ skills to church services.
• Jeffrey Wright (Source Code) has joined Boardwalk Empire Season 4 as a series regular. Per Deadline, he’ll play a “Doctor of Divinity, philanthropist, student of culture and the man who runs Harlem.”
• CMT has announced a premiere date for its new series Guntucky, which was delayed in the wake of last year’s Newtown, Conn. tragedy. The gun range-set reality show will now premiere April 26.
• IFC has given the green light to two new series: The Spoils Of Babylon, a comedy from Anchorman funnymen Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, which is based on the best-selling novel by fictional author Eric Jonrosh (Ferrell); and The Birthday Boys, a sketch comedy series from Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad) and Ben Stiller.
• ABC’s new game show Bet on Your Baby is set to bow Saturday, April 6 at 8/7c.
• Bummed there wasn’t a new Nashville on last night? This fresh promo touting the ABC drama’s hunky musicians and politician should perk you right up. (You’re welcome.)
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?