Whitney and Criminal Minds were the only gainers this Wednesday night, with the former matching its Season 2 high by inching up a tenth in the demo to a 1.4.
CBS’ 9 o’clock crime drama meanwhile drew the night’s largest audience (12 million total viewers) while ticking up a tenth in the demo (to 3.1).
* CBS’ penultimate Survivor was steadyish at 10.2 mil/2.8. CSI capped the Eye’s night with 9.5 mil/2.2, down 15 percent in the demo.
* The X Factor, with 7.7 mil and a 2.6, dipped 7 percent week-to-week.
* ABC’s The Middle (7.5 mil/2.2) ticked down a tenth, The Neighbors (5.5 mil/1.6) fell 16 percent to a series low and Modern Family (10.8 mil/4.2) was down 11 percent to match its season low, yet still led the night in the demo. Barbara Walters’ “Fascinating” People special (7.7 mil/2.1) was down 9 percent versus 2011. Please, someone tell me who was No. 1. I need to die inside.
* The CW’s Arrow (3.13 mil/1.0) slipped 6 percent and a tenth (tying its series low); those numbers could change due to 12.12.12 concert preemptions.
* Airing without a cushy Voice lead-in, NBC’s Take It All mustered just 3.4 mil/1.1, plunging 50 percent from Night 2. Chicago Fire led out of that with 4.8 mil/1.4, down 34 and 26 percent and matching its series low.