A onetime One Tree Hill resident, a beloved Hobbit, a Parenthood babymaker and a 90210 fave are among the latest actors to book pilots.
Per our sister site Deadline….
* Tree Hill alum James Lafferty has joined NBC’s untitled action thriller about an idealistic Secret Service agent who finds himself at the epicenter of an international crisis on his first day on the job when the First Son and several schoolmates are kidnapped. Lafferty will play the private school instructor who was abducted with his students.
* The Lord Of The Rings‘ Sean Astin has made an appointment with CBS’ The Surgeon General, playing Dr. Fischer, the member of Dr. Sherman’s (Jason Isaacs) team who oversees the nation’s mental health.
* Rosa Salazar (Parenthood) has been cast in Fox’s Boomerang family drama, playing the ex-girlfriend of one of hitwoman Felicity Huffman’s sons.
* The Daily Show‘s Al Madrigal has joined Jason Katims’ About A Boy adaptation for NBC, playing the best friend of David Walton’s character.
* 90210‘s Josh Zuckerman will play a green, neurotic but brilliant attorney on the John Stamos-fronted NBC drama I Am Victor.
* Rossif “Son of Donald” Sutherland will recur as the French prophet Nostradamus in Reign, The CW’s drama about the teen years of Mary Queen of Scots in France.