Warning: The following rumination on Game of Thrones‘ upcoming seventh season will be about as popular as the introduction of an Alliser Thorne Memorial Reflecting Pool in the courtyard at the Night’s Watch.
But the wait for more episodes of the HBO series is dark and full of time in which to think about what might await us when Season 7 premieres in 2017. So we made like Melisandre and cast our thoughts into the flames, searching for some guidance about what will become of our favorite fantasy characters now that winter has arrived.
Like a flayed man left in Roose Bolton’s wake, what we found wasn’t pretty. But, by the old gods and the new, we think you’ll be able to handle it.
As a brief refresher, here’s some of what we know:
* There’ll be an “epic” fight that makes Blackwater, Hardhome and the Battle of the Bastards seem like playground dust-ups in comparison.
* Just reading the scripts for the upcoming episodes brought Sophie Turner to tears.
* Harry Potter alum Jim Broadbent has signed on in a mystery role (which many believe to be Archmaester Marwyn).
* A casting call asked for people to play warriors and priests (and a few other types).
* Maisie Williams thinks you should prepare yourself for what’s to come.
Click through the gallery above and to the right to see our theories, then hit the comments to weigh in with your own!
Launch Gallery: <I>Game of Thrones</I>: Season 7 Theories You'll Hate