ABC plans to continue its relationship with Maksim Chmerkovskiy on "Dancing with the Stars."
When AccessHollywood.com asked during the Executive Session at ABC's portion of the Television Critics Association Winter Tour in Pasadena, about the network's plans for Maks, Entertainment President Paul Lee suggested the dancer will be back in some way. Last season, Maks served as a guest judge, filling in for Len Goodman, and Lee complimented the celeb on that stint.
"First of all, we thought Maks did a fabulous job with that," Lee said.
"We're gonna continue working with Maks as we go into the future," he said. "Nothing to announce now, but we will continue working with him."
Lee announced that Season 18 of "Dancing with the Stars" will bow on ABC on March 17.
During the panel, the exec also said he thought the move in Season 17, to just put the show on one night a week, was a good decision.
"We really do think the one night focused it down well," he said.
"And it actually grew," he continued. "We didn't quite end the season -- if you remember our finale wasn't quite as high as it has been previously, but the season itself was higher. So we want to find a way to just turn that up a little bit. But we were very, very pleased to have it down to one night."
-- Jolie Lash
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.