Colin Jost and Michael Che: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Us
It’s not always easy knowing when to take Colin Jost and Michael Che seriously. The costars are always joking around and have to be funny for their jobs. You can catch them at the “Weekend Update” desk on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, a role the two have held since the 2014 season. But be sure to scroll through this exclusive list of 25 things you don't know about them before the 42nd season premieres on NBC on Oct. 1 at 11:30 p.m. It’s a guaranteed laugh!
1. When I was 10, I went to the Junior Olympics for the 50-meter and 100-meter breaststroke.
2. I commuted an hour-and-a-half each way to high school in NYC. I took a bus, a ferry, then a subway.
3. I did a ton of speech and debate in high school and had zero sex.
4. I was the editor of my high school newspaper, The Owl, and wrote a humor column called “Owl Droppings.”
5. I was at Harvard when Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook, and I begged him not to do it.
6. In college, I had the choice between visiting the Playboy Mansion and Disney World. I chose Disney. Despite this, I am heterosexual.
7. I majored in the history and literature of Russia and Britain. It has not helped my career.
8. I love buffalo wings and eat them at least three times a week.
9. I was a chubby kid and still feel chubby at all times.
10. My grandfather and great-grandfather were Staten Island firefighters.
11. I have a very weak sense of smell and focus more on the texture of foods. This might be why I hate eggplant, mushrooms and avocados. Well, hate is a strong word. Let’s say despise.
12. I lived in Saint Petersburg for a summer and was pretty fluent in Russian.
13. My dad is an engineer and taught mechanical drawing at Staten Island Technical High School.
14. My mom has been a doctor with the FDNY for 35 years and was the first female chief medical officer.
15. I won an episode of The Weakest Link in 2002.
16. My brother, Casey, is also a comedian and writes for Impractical Jokers.
17. I’ve never been punched, even though many people have probably thought about doing it.
18. Two of my favorite movies are Mulholland Drive and Groundhog Day.
19. My ancestors were generals in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, and they were on the right side for both!
20. I hate golf more than anything, and I play it every chance I get.
21. My grandparents live next door to my parents, just like in Everybody Loves Raymond.
22. I love Puerto Rico and go to Rincon every winter to surf.
23. My favorite sports teams are the New York Giants and the New York Mets. For Quidditch, I’m into Hufflepuff.
24. I saw Spaceballs before I saw Star Wars. When I finally saw Star Wars, I was like, “This is just Spaceballs without any jokes!”
25. I’ve never actually met Michael Che.
1. I love lists.
2. I do squats every day.
3. I use women’s deodorant.
4. I use women’s toothpaste.
5. I am a staunch Republican.
6. My good friend Joan Cusack typed this list out for me while I was washing dishes.
7. My best friend, Joan Cusack, bears the same name as a Hollywood actress.
8. I rent all my shoes.
9. I make my own coasters.
10. I’m deathly allergic to snake venom.
11. I love to dance.
12. I love to sing.
13. I’m not actually a St. Louis Cardinals fan.
14. My mother is world-famous in Puerto Rico.
15. I recently settled a feud with Al Roker at a card game.
16. I like to bird-watch. That’s why I have binoculars in my apartment.
17. Before SNL, I was a celebrity locksmith.
18. My family does not think I’m funny.
19. I take money to promote products I don’t even use.
20. I’m not married.
21. The secret to my famous spaghetti is jarred tomato sauce.
22. I wrote Kardashian fan fiction five years ago that culminated with Bruce Jenner becoming a woman.
23. I have three hamsters.
24. I still shoplift.
25. I like game shows.