Billie Joe Armstrong: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me (I Was Arrested for Getting Naked on Stage)
Billie Joe Armstrong and his band, Green Day, have been a prominent force in the music industry since 1986. He has deep musical ties, and even owns his own used-guitar store! Find out more interesting facts about Armstrong, 44, in this exclusive list of 25 things you don’t know about him. Armstrong's Green Day album, Revolution Radio, is out Oct. 7. His film Ordinary World hits theaters Oct. 14.
1. I was on the swim team through junior high.
2. I dropped out of Pinole Valley [California] High School.
3. I’ve seen every episode of The Brady Bunch.
4. I have a [Frenchie] dog named Mojo.
5. I once thought I won the lottery, but I misread the scratcher.
6. I rehabbed a baby squirrel and named him Peewee.
7. I was arrested for getting naked on stage in Milwaukee in 1995.
8. I used to have a cat named Sid Vicious.
9. I stole a limousine right after playing David Letterman’s show in 1996.
10. My favorite food is pizza.
11. I looked like Shirley Temple when I was a child.
12. I’ve been in three different sinking boats.
13. I once knitted a scarf – and I haven’t knitted since.
14. I used to tap dance.
15. My ancestor is Benedict Arnold.
16. I love surfing.
17. I coached a Little League baseball team [for sons Joseph, 21, and Jakob, 18, with wife Adrienne, 46].
18. I binge-watched all of Friday Night Lights.
19. I was once stung by a pack of jellyfish.
20. I own a used-guitar store, Broken Guitars, in Oakland, California.
21. I like reading biographies.
22. I completely rebuilt my 1963 Ford Falcon.
23. I sleep with a T-shirt over my head every night.
24. I wear the same pants every day.
25. I’m incredibly awkward in social situations.