She rose to superstardom portraying Bella in the hugely successful Twilight franchise and plays a butt-kicking Snow White in the upcoming big-budget action flick Snow White and the Huntsman. Here are five things you probably don't know about Kristen Stewart, whose romance with co-star Robert Pattinson has kept her in the headlines.
1. Born Kristen Jaymes Stewart on April 9, 1990 in Los Angeles. Her Australian mother (Jules Mann-Stewart) worked in the entertainment business as a script supervisor and her father produced TV shows. She has an older biological brother as well as an adopted brother who is the same age.
2. Played Jodie Foster's daughter in the 2002 film Panic Room and two years later snagged a starring role in Catch that Kid alongside High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu.
3. Was recommended for the Twilight role of Bella by her Into the Wild co-star Emile Hirsch.
4. To prepare for a role as a stripper in the indie flick Welcome to the Rileys, she hung out at a New Orleans strip club to learn how to pole dance.
5. Her family owns pet wolf dogs.