Season 7 of Game of Thrones will see worlds collide, as Daenerys Targaryen arrives in Westeros to stake a claim to the Iron Throne. She’ll have to wrest it from Cersei Lannister’s cold, scheming fingers, though. And then there are the Starks, who have finally returned to and regained their family seat in Winterfell. Of course, the greatest threat of all is waiting on the other side of the Wall — the Night King and his army of White Walkers.
As viewers count down the days until the HBO drama’s seventh-season premiere on July 16, Yahoo TV is launching our official countdown: #GoTIsComing. Check back here every day as we give updates on all of your favorite characters, details on an important new location, and a travel guide to the locations of Westeros. So pull on a thick coat and get ready for a long and brutal winter.
“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.” For the sad, evil, courageous, resourceful — but most of all — squishy citizens of Westeros, it isn’t a game: It’s a matter of life and death. For us, however, it’s a little easier. Fantasy leagues have cropped up around the show and some betting sites actually have odds on who will be king or queen by the end of Season 7. When we play the game of thrones, we win or… we don’t. Either way it’s fun.
Here are our rankings of who ends up on the Iron Throne in order of likelihood. We’ve included the odds from gambling site Bovada as well. Who would you put your money on?
Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres Sunday, July 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.
Read more of our #GoTIsComing coverage:
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next for the Greyjoys?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7: Everything We Know So Far
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Peril-o-Meter: Who Dies Next?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoffs: What We Know (and Want)
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s the Deal With the Citadel?
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Map: A Catch-Up Guide to Where Everyone Is
* ‘Game of Thrones’: What’s Next For the Greyjoys?
* Every ‘Game of Thrones’ Funko Pop! Doll You Can Buy Right Now
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 14 Times Littlefinger Was. The. Worst.
* ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Preview: What’s Next For the Starks?
* ‘Game of Thrones’: Ranking the Couples From Eww to #Goals
* ‘Game of Thrones’ World Tour: A Guide to Seven Kingdoms Filming Locations Fans Can Visit IRL
* ‘Game of Thrones’: 15 Secrets and Details That the Costumes Reveal
* ‘Game of Thrones’: From Cradle to Grave — How the Years Have Affected the Cast