Fox has set the sophomore class for its Fox Writers Intensive, the company’s advanced writers program for experienced writers from diverse backgrounds. This year’s 10 finalists were selected from more than 400 nominations and submissions by talent representation and arts organizations, including National Hispanic Media Coalition, Sundance Institute, New York Foundation for the Arts, Outfest, Film Independent, NAACP, Women in Film LA, Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment and Visual Communications. Here they are, along with their reps:
· Angela Allen (The Cartel)
· Yule Caise (Lichter, Grossman, Nichols, Adler & Feldman)
· Sal Calleros (Rothman, Brecher, Kim / Magnet Management)
· Carol Doyle (The Gersh Agency)
· Sara Endsley (Rothman, Brecher, Kim/ The Shuman Company)
· Warren Hsu Leonard (ICM Partners/ Circle of Confusion)
· Nick Ozeki (Independent)
· Chitra Sampath (Ragna Nervik Management)
· Theo Travers (ICM Partners/ Artists International)
· Marisa Wegrzyn (Abrams Artists Agency / Myra Model Management)
The 10 will spend the next 13 weeks attending seminars and workshops with executives, writers and showrunners, including Hart Hanson (Bones), Shintaro Shimosawa (The Following), Andre and Maria Jacquemetton (Mad Men) and Zal Batmanglij (New York Undercover). This year, the FWI was expanded to provide participants with opportunities across additional Fox companies. At the conclusion of the intensive, Fox will:
- Select one finalist as the Fox Writers Intensive Fellow, whose submitted original script will be purchased and developed jointly by Fox Broadcasting Co., 20th Century Fox TV and FX. The Fox Writers Intensive Fellow will be announced across all Fox entertainment businesses and will receive one-on-one meetings with network and studio heads, as well as priority staffing efforts across Fox properties.
- Select one FWI finalist to apply for the Fox Writers Studio on a first-look basis.
- Select one FWI finalist to pitch his/her script to HarperCollins.