Click to expand image
1. Felicity Huffman (American Crime) chooses "that jerk who fired me in 2002."
2. Tracy Morgan (Saturday Night Live) chooses 3. Bob Newhart (The Big Bang Theory)
4. Mike Judge (Silicon Valley) chooses "the exit."
5. Rami Malek (Mr. Robot) chooses Dom Perignon and Moet & Chandon.
6. Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) chooses "anyone who has managed to sneak in both alcohol and snacks."
8. David Benioff (Game of Thrones, married to 7. Amanda Peet) chooses 9. Sarah Paulson (The People v. O.J. Simpson, American Horror Story: Hotel) who chooses 10. Laurie Metcalf (The Big Bang Theory, Getting On, Horace and Pete)
Paulson: "Because she is a genius, and I would hope some of her acting magic dust would rub off on me."
Benioff: "She's my wife's best friend, so I can giver her a big hug when she wins. Because she has to win. Right, Emmy voters? Right?!"
11. Anna Chlumsky (Veep) and 13. Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef) choose 12. Louis C.K. (Horace and Pete)
Chlumsky: "I heard he basically cast all of Horace and Pete by people he met at the Emmys …"
Lakshmi: "I've always had a huge crush on him. It's not just the bald thing, it's the middle-age, complain-y guy thing that I'm so attracted to. That and our shared love for New York pizza."
14. Jerry Seinfeld (Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee) chooses 15. Larry David (Saturday Night Live)
Seinfeld: "Seems like a good camera shot."
17. Niecy Nash (Getting On) chooses 18. Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) and 16. Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish)
Nash: "Even if I don't win, I would laugh all night and get really great selfies!"
19. William H. Macy (Shameless) chooses 18. Louis-Dreyfus
21. Keegan-Michael Key (Key & Peele) chooses 20. Idris Elba (Luther) and 22. Taraji P. Henson (Empire)
Key: "They're both lovely, fun people!"
Nominee interviews by Lacey Rose, Scott Feinberg, Jessie Katz, Anna Lisa Raya, Bryn Elise Sandberg and Josh Wigler.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 23 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.