Person of Interest," the answer is probably yes — because The Machine, a computer system built covertly for the U.S. government, has everyone under surveillance. It sounds ominous, but it's not without a purpose: Crime-fighting duo Harold Finch (Emmy winner Michael Emerson) — the billionaire tech genius who built The Machine — and John Reese (Jim Caviezel) — a former CIA operative — use The Machine on their mission to stop violent crimes before they happen.
The most burdensome part of their conquests: Like The Machine, they work in secret. As the Season 1 opening voice-over states, "Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up, we'll find you." Season 2 brought on a slew of new challenges for the pair: Will Reese's past as an undercover agent expose the vigilante do-gooders? Or possibly worse, will The Machine fall into the wrong hands? Find out in Season 2!
"Person of Interest," which won the 2012 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama, also stars Oscar nominee Taraji P. Henson as NYPD Detective Joss Carter and Kevin Chapman as Detective Lionel Fusco. The Season 3 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack includes all 22 episodes, plus bonus content including commentary, a gag reel, and a featurette titled "View From the Machine: 24 Hours Behind 'Person of Interest.'" The series was created by Jonathan Nolan ("The Dark Knight" trilogy) and boasts J.J. Abrams ("Fringe," "Lost") as executive producer.
"Person of Interest: The Complete Second Season" goes on sale Tuesday, 9/3. Season 3 premieres on Tuesday, 9/24 at 10 PM on CBS.
Check out this exclusive behind-the-scenes sneak peek at the Season 2 DVD bonus material:
If you're interested in catching up on "Person of Interest," now's your chance to own Season 2 of the CBS drama on a DVD and Blu-ray combo pack. Here are the details.
Step 1: Follow @YahooTV on Twitter.
Step 2: Tell us what your favorite "Person of Interest" moment was using the following format:
"Hi @YahooTV, my favorite #PersonOfInterest moment was __________. #ytvwin http://yhoo.it/15mJUXj"
(Note: One entry per person/email address/Twitter handle.)
The giveaway ends at noon PT on Friday, Sept. 6, 2013. Winners will receive a direct message on Twitter with further information. Keep in mind, this giveaway is open only to U.S. residents. If you have any other questions, check out the official rules below or feel free to tweet them to us.
Yahoo! TV Giveaway: 'Person ofInterest' Season 2 DVD/Blu-ray Combo Pack
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION(THE "PROMOTION") IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES ANDTHE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA")AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DONOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF,THE ELIGIBILITY AREA.
NO PURCHASE ISNECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
ENTRY IN THISPROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: You must be a legalresident of the Eligibility Area and 13 years or older at the time of entry.Void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, commonwealths and militaryinstallations, and where prohibited by law. Employees and agents of Yahoo!, ("Sponsor"),Twitter, Inc. ("Twitter"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries,advertising and promotional agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entityinvolved in the development, production, implementation, administration orfulfillment of the Promotion (all of the foregoing, together with Yahoo!,collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediatefamily members and persons living in the same household as such individuals,whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Twitter is nota sponsor of, or is in any way affiliated with, this Promotion.
2. How To Enter:
Entry: Complete your entry in thePromotion by either:
a. Mail Entry: Send a printed copy of this web pagealong with your name and contact information to: Yahoo! TV Promotion Entry,Yahoo! Inc., Attn: Chrissy Le Nguyen, 2400 Broadway, First Floor, Santa Monica,CA 90404. Include the name of thePromotion you are entering with your entry. Entries post marked after the close of the Promotion Period will not behonored.
b. Twitter Entry:
1. The "Promotion Period" isdefined as the period specified in the Yahoo! TV blog for each promotion. Ifyou are not an existing Twitter account holder, visit twitter.com and followthe instructions to register for a free Twitter account. Once logged intoTwitter, set your Twitter account to "follow" the Twitter handleassociated with the Promotion, @yahootv (the "Promotion Twitter Address").You MUST "follow" the Promotion Twitter Address during the entirePromotion Period to be eligible to win.
2. Send a Twitter update (a "Tweet"),using the Twitter account you set up in Rule 2a above, to @yahootv with thewords "Hi @YahooTV, my favorite #PersonOfInterest moment was __________.#ytvwin http://yhoo.it/15mJUXj" You will receive ONE entry in the Promotion(an "Entry"), when you submit a Tweet to @YahooTV during thePromotion Period, in accordance with the method described above.
For purposes of theseOfficial Rules, "receipt" of an Entry occurs when Yahoo! receivesyour registration and entry information as properly submitted by you inaccordance with the instructions above. In the event of a dispute regarding theidentity of the holder of a Twitter account or handle, the dispute will beresolved in favor of the individual who is the "authorized email accountholder" of the "alternate email address" provided when theTwitter account was created. "Authorized email account holder" isdefined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet accessprovider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business,educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for thedomain associated with the submitted email address. If Yahoo! is unable toverify the authorized account holder of a potentially winning Twitter account,that account will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. A potentialprize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof thathe/she is the authorized account holder as described above.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON,PER EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR PER TWITTER ID. Although subsequent attempts to entermay be received, only the first entry received from a particular individualwill count; subsequent attempts to enter will be disqualified. The submissionof an entry is solely the responsibility of the entrant. Entries may only bemade according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as anautomated computer receipt, "thanks for entering" message, or postoffice receipt) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo! of anentry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including butnot limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or sweepstakesservice), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanicalreproductions are not permitted and will be disqualified. Only eligible entriesactually received by Yahoo! before the end of the specified entry period willbe included in the prize drawing. Unintelligible, incomplete, or garbledentries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Yahoo!, andnone will be acknowledged or returned.
3. Conduct: By entering the Promotion,entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. TheOfficial Rules will be posted at http://tv.yahoo.com/throughout the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules mayresult in disqualification from the Promotion. Entrants further agree to complywith and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which will be final andbinding in all respects. Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion todisqualify any individual it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamperwith the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or any Yahoo! orPromotion-related website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating theterms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of anyYahoo! or Promotion related property or service; or (d) acting in anunsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threatenor harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHERINDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATEOPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, YAHOO! RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROMANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Grand Prize: Five (5) grand prize winners will eachreceive "Person of Interest" Season 2 on DVD/Blu-ray. Approximateretail value of one prize pack: $59.98.
The following appliesto all Prizes:Approximate retail value of all prizes: $299.90. Limit one prize per winner. Prizescannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes may notbe transferred or assigned except by Sponsor. Only listed prizes will beawarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made,except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package withanother prize of equal or greater value in the event that an advertised prize(or any component thereof) is not available. Expenses not specifically statedabove, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees,and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or useof a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. Yahoo!expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to anyperson or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizesawarded. Yahoo! makes no representations or warranties concerning theappearance, safety, or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions,conditions, and limitations apply. Promotion Entities will not replace any lostor stolen prize items.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Potentialwinners will be selected in a random drawing to be held within three (3) daysfollowing the close of the Promotion Period for each Promotion from among alleligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligibleentries received. All prize drawings will be conducted by a representative ofthe Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
Potential winners will benotified within seven days after drawing date. Prize notifications will bedelivered by a Twitter update from Yahoo!. Return of any prize/prizenotification as undeliverable, or inability of Promotion Entities to contact apotential winner within 48 hours following attempted notification may result indisqualification and selection of an alternate winner by random drawing. Anydifference between actual value of a prize and the approximated value of aprize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
6. General Conditions: This Promotion isgoverned by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local lawsand regulations apply.
By entering, participants:(a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and their respective parents,subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from anyand all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons,including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly orindirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize,participation in this promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for, orparticipating in any prize-related activity, and (b) grant to Yahoo! the rightto use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or anyother media, in connection with the Promotion.
Except where prohibited bylaw, a winner's acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for PromotionEntities to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements,photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposesrelating to the Promotion without further compensation, consideration, reviewor consent.
7. Limitations of Liability: PromotionEntities assume no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, garbled orunintelligible entries or Tweets, or for theft, destruction or unauthorizedaccess to, or alteration of, entries. Promotion Entities are not responsiblefor any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users,any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in thePromotion, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing ofsubmissions in the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility forany error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation ortransmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network orlines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment,software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems,traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of anycombination of the foregoing. Promotion Entities are not responsible for anyinjury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resultingfrom participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for anyreason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infectionby computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technicalfailures, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities whichcorrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or properconduct of this Promotion, Yahoo! reserves the right at its sole discretion tocancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and select winners fromamong all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
9. Winners List: The names of the prizewinners may be obtained for 90 days following the close of each PromotionPeriod by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Yahoo! TV Promotion,Winners List Requests, Yahoo! Inc., Attn: Chrissy Le Nguyen, 2400 Broadway, 1stFloor, Santa Monica, CA, 90404.Please include the name of the Promotion forwhich you are requesting the winners' list.
10. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 FirstAvenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Twitter,Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.