They're tough. They're mean. They're very experienced.
The cast of "The Expendables 2" -- jam packed with action stars young and old (but mostly old) -- represents a fierce onslaught of action film skill so seasoned, we had to break it down to you by the numbers:
- The 11 leading men in the sequel have a combined age of 569, but by the time the movie comes out August 17, it will be 573. (Sylvester Stallone, Terry Crews, Randy Couture and Arnold Schwarzenegger all have birthdays between now and the film's release.)
- To put it in perspective, it was 1439 (A.D.) 573 years ago -- the year kissing was banned in England to prevent the spread of the plague. (To be fair, this occurred long after the wheel was invented thousands of years prior.)
- The average age of the cast is 52 and the median age is possessed by Jean Claude Van Damme -- 51.
- Judging by age alone, Jason Statham, 44, is two Liam Hemsworths (who is 22 years old), while Sylvester Stallone will be three Hemsworths on July 6th when he turns 66.
- By the time "Expendables 2" opens, three cast members will be eligible for social security: Chuck Norris, Stallone and Schwarzenegger.
- Aging in at 72, the oldest cast member -- as we established in a prior post -- is roundhouse kick specialist Norris. That makes him almost an entire Van Damme older than Liam Hemsworth.
Here is the full list (from oldest to youngest):
Watch 'The Expendables 2' 60 Second Trailer: