Grab your pocket protector, Klingon dictionary, test tubes, 12-sided dice, and an officially licensed replica of Harry Potter's wand because the ultimate battle of the brainiacs known as "King Of The Nerds" is back on TBS. "We have a rich mixture of nerds — a library science nerd, gamers, scientists, a mechanical engineer, a puppeteer, and our first openly gay nerd — that helps keep everything fresh," host/producer Curtis "Booger" Armstrong explained. "Our challenge department [including Genevieve from Season 1] has worked hard to take the challenges to a higher, nerdier level and a new, spectacular Nerdvana, which gives us a richer visual palette."
In honor of Season 2 starting Jan. 23, Armstrong, who can also be seen creating havoc as Metatron on "Supernatural," shared his POPsessions with Yahoo TV. We quickly learned the self-proclaimed Sherlock Holmes and Beatles dork has an undying love for classic horror films, classic rock, and one particular "Mickey Mouse Club" Mouseketeer.
1. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Does Jack the Ripper count?
2. What article of clothing could you not live without? My deerstalker and Inverness cape.
3. What do you eat or drink while watching a movie in the theater? I drink water. If my wife is with me, I poach some of her popcorn.
4. What was the first movie you saw? On television, "King Kong." In a cinema, it was either Presley in "Blue Hawaii," John Wayne in "Donovan's Reef," or Robert Preston in "The Music Man."
5. What song was playing during your first kiss? Like I was paying attention! I'd waited 25 years for that moment!
6. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall when you were a kid or a teen? Beatles. In fact, I still have Beatles posters on my wall. You gotta problem with that?
7. What movie makes you cry? "Route 30," a movie not many people have seen. The moment when Dana Delaney's blindfold comes off, tears just come, unbidden.
8. What's the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? I don't DVR. Don't know how. Guilty pleasures? With movies, old bad science fiction or horror films. Music? Paul Revere and the Raiders. In fact, hold on. I never feel guilty watching, reading, or listening to anything I love. I have no guilty pleasures. Just pleasures. But I'll let the above stand so it doesn't seem like I'm trying to avoid the question.
9. What movie character do you wish you could be? Frederique Lemaitre from my favorite movie ever, "Les Enfants du Paradis."
10. What's the TV show you never miss? Currently, "Justified."
11. Who is your TV crush? I spent too much time trying to come up with an answer to this, so I guess I don't have one. I'll say Claire Danes because she's just utterly compelling. As a kid, Darlene Gillespie, from the original "Mickey Mouse Club."
12. What website do you visit when no one is watching? I don't. If someone isn't watching, there's no thrill in it.
13. What phone app do you use the most? The "on" button.
14. Who is your favorite tweeter? Author Lyndsay Faye.
15. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? The Mickey Mouse Club March. I wish you hadn't brought up that crush question. I can't stop thinking about Darlene Gillespie.
16. Is there a song currently that you can't get out of your head? I know you think I'm going to say "The Mickey Mouse Club March" again, but I'm not. "I Went to See the Gyspy" from the new Dylan "Another Self Portrait" box set.
17. What is your favorite album? Oh my God, impossible. OK, The Beatles's "Revolver."
18. What was your first concert? Probably Leon Russell in Detroit around 1970.
19. What was on your favorite T-shirt when you were growing up? Probably whatever I had for lunch.
20. What song do you sing when no one else is listening? "Sweet Surrender" by Harry Nilsson.
21. Did you collect anything when you were a kid? Books.
22. What's the best birthday present you ever received? My wife bought us a crossing of the Queen Mary 2 for my 50th.
23. Is there a children's cartoon, film, or musical act that makes you glad you have children so that you have an excuse to watch or listen to? No. I've never needed an excuse to do that.
24. What pop culture property were you most excited to share with your children? Universal Horror films, Laurel and Hardy films, Humphrey Bogart films.
25. What pop culture property do you geek out on now? Sherlock Holmes, The Beatles, Washington Irving.
26. What do you listen to when working out? I don't. I use that time to think about how pointless everything is.
27. Is there a TV car or house you dream of owning? No. I still dream of owning my own.
28. What reality TV contest do you think you'd have the best chance at winning and why? I would never win a reality show. I would lose and my loss would be ignominious.
29. What supernatural, fantasy, or horror movie creature would you be most afraid to meet in a dark alley? Why? Does Rand Paul count?
Watch a preview of the new season of "King of the Nerds":
"King Of The Nerds" airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. on TBS beginning Jan. 23.
"Supernatural" airs on The CW Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
Check out more POPsessions