5 Things We Learned From the 'House of Cards' Season 2 Trailer
The Golden Globe nominations came out Thursday, and Season 1 of "House of Cards" led all television series with four nods including Best Actor for Kevin Spacey (who plays Senator, and now Vice President Frank Underwood), Best Actress for Robin Wright (his doting and predatory wife, Claire), Best Supporting Actor for Corey Stoll (who plays poor, doomed Peter Russo), and Best Dramatic TV Series.
Which also made it a good day to drop the first trailer for Season 2 of the show. Here's what we know from the promo:
1. It looks like the Underwoods will continue to be assaulted on all sides. Zoe Barnes (Kate Mara) will be pursuing a murder investigation of Russo and her own involvement in it. And she won't be the only one chasing the story.
2. Lobbyist (and former Underwood aide) Remy Danton (Mahershala Ali) will still be trying to put the couple into his pocket. "But he's a dangerous man," says Claire. "We can be dangerous, too," replies Frank.
3. Of course, Raymond Tusk (Gerald McRaney) already has Underwood in his pocket, and Frank won't like that one bit. Tusk says, "Hit 'em now." Is he attacking Frank or protecting him?
4. Is that an envelope full of anthrax?
5. He also might be getting out of his depth. In Season 1, Frank proved to be a master of back-channel politicking. But in his new, more public position of vice president, that will almost certainly get him in trouble. In the trailer, we hear him say "I can turn this around, sir," which is what Frank says when things have completely and utterly turned on him.
The butchery begins Feb. 14. All 13 episodes will be available on Netflix.