'Anger Management' Casting: Brian Austin Green Bravely Jumps on Board ... Who Else?
Charlie Sheen fired Selma Blair from his FX comedy, "Anger Management," comes word that Brian Austin Green is joining the cast as a regular.When a door closes, a window opens. Just a week after
Green guest starred last season as the boyfriend of Jen (Shawnee Smith), Charlie's ex-wife. He was recently seen in the short-lived TBS comedy "Wedding Band."
The "Beverly Hills, 90210" alum is coming on board a set in turmoil. Blair, who played Sheen's therapist, Kate, abruptly left the series reportedly at the behest of the star. Deadline claimed that Sheen fired her via text, calling her a "c---," after she complained about his work habits.
[Photos: Take a Look at TV's Biggest Cast Feuds]
Green won't be the only new face on "Anger Management." The show is still trying to cast an actress to be Sheen's love interest. As the Hollywood Reporter notes, they're looking for a "gorgeous, sexy" Latina or Caucasian actress in her 30s or 40s to play a "by-the-book psychiatrist who joins the sex study research Charlie and Kate were working on before she left."
The casting notice goes on to elaborate: "If Charlie and Kate were like Sam and Diane on 'Cheers,' then you are Rebecca. Tough, career-driven, neurotic and you wear your heart on your sleeve. And you hate yourself for eventually becoming attracted to Charlie."
But will adding Green and a new actress solve the show's woes? Ratings are down this season from last, though they hardly matter, since FX has committed to making some 60 more episodes. And it's clear from the outcome of the Sheen/Blair feud that there's only one person who matters to "Anger Management" — and that's Sheen.
So, who could play this mysterious, sexy actress? While we wouldn't wish ill on any of these actresses, working with Sheen gets you noticed, at least. Here are five casting ideas:
- Jaime Pressly: She's too funny not to be on TV. Her latest series, "I Hate My Teenage Daughter," was canceled last year. And coincidentally, she recently guested on Sheen's old show, "Two and a Half Men."
- Rosario Dawson: We'd love to see her onscreen more, and she's never really done TV. Plus, we have a feeling she could hold her own against Sheen.
- Jenny McCarthy: Another "Two and a Half Men" guest alum, McCarthy definitely fulfills the "gorgeous, sexy" description.
- Denise Richards: If anyone knows how to handle Sheen, it's his ex-wife.
- Lindsay Lohan: She's already guest starred on the show, she and Sheen got close during the filming of "Scary Movie 5," and she could really use a job. Then again, if Blair thought Sheen's work habits were bad, she clearly never worked with LiLo.
Check out photos from "Anger Management":