Pool Hop 8 Ways in Vegas This Summer
Hard Rock’s pool at night. Photo by G Vargas.
We take our pools very seriously and are here to help you find the very best Las Vegas poolside experience this summer. Whether you want to pump your fist or take a nap, play some swim-up blackjack or grab a massage, we’ve found a pool for absolutely everyone.
1. When you want to gamble poolside. Plenty of places let you gamble while fully submerged. At Caesars Palace, you can indulge in some swim-up blackjack at the Fortuna Pool. Afterward, lick your wounds or celebrate your victories with sushi and champagne at the hotel’s Venus Pool Club. The Hard Rock Casino Pool is sweet enough to give you a waterproof pouch for your money and chips to keep your most valuable bits safe.
2. When you want to get close up with nature. At the Tank at the Golden Nugget, the on-staff marine biologist tells you everything you need to know about the resort’s 200,000-gallon shark aquarium. Once you’re on a first-name basis with the fish, take the death-defying 30-foot plunge down the tank’s fully enclosed waterslide through the shark-infested waters.
Shark Tank Pool at the Golden Nugget. Photo by Roadside Picture.
3. When you want to pretend you’re French. If you’re looking for some adults-only fun head over to Bare at The Mirage, where bathing suits are optional and decadence reigns supreme. It pays to be a lady here: it’s $40 for men to get, in while women enjoy a $10 entry fee.
4. When you just want to watch the game. Reserve a poolside cabana at the Wynn Las Vegas, and you’ll get a plasma TV and a stocked mini fridge to cheer your team on to victory.
5. When you just want to chill out. Tucked away within its own private garden, the Cypress Premier Lounges at Bellagio offers the ultimate in poolside relaxation. Enjoy a personal host at your beck and call to spritz you with Evian misters and serve you non-alcoholic smoothies. Poolside massages cost extra, but who cares? You’re worth it.
6. When you want to throw your hands up in the air. There are pools on the Strip that offer a respite from the ongoing soundtrack of electronic dance music you’ll hear throughout the rest of town. But when dancing during the day is your thing, head over to Wet Republic at MGM Grand, where the DJ lineup includes the chart-topping sounds of Calvin Harris and Tiësto. Another great spot is the Asian-inspired Tao Beach Club at The Venetian: you can dance the day away on one side of the pool or hire out a private cabana to people watch on the other.