The Happiest Place on Earth is About to Get Spookier: Disneyland Resort Celebrates Halloween Time 2012, Sept. 14 Through Oct. 31
ANAHEIM, Calif,.(July 16, 2012) — The Happiest Place on Earth is about to get spookier as Halloween Time returns to Disneyland Resort this fall with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes and Mickey's Halloween Party, along with a special exhibit from , all part of the fun during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The season runs from Friday, Sept. 14, through Halloween, Monday, Oct. 31.
The after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* which has become an annual highlight of Halloween for trick-or-treating families, will take place in Disneyland Park on 11 special Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights: Sept. 28 and Oct. 2, 5, 9, 12, 15, 19, 23, 26, 29 and 31. Tickets are on sale now for the general public, with information at www.Disneyland.com/Halloween.
Mickey's Halloween Party invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland.. These revelers can also arrive before the party to "mix in" with regular Disneyland guests for three hours prior to the start of Mickey's private bash. Highlights of Mickey's Halloween Party include:
- The special opportunity to play in Disneyland for up to three hours before the party starts; check www.Disneyland.com/Halloween for party hours.
- Fun treat stations offering both candy and healthy treats
- The "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular, hosted by "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey's Halloween Party)
- "Mickey's Costume Party" cavalcade, performed twice nightly
- Dance parties, where guests will "boo-gie" to lively music
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
- Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Favorite Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Halloween-themed attractions Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party are $54* for select nights when purchased in advance, while tickets purchased on the event days and selected nights are $64. All tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party on Monday, Oct. 29, and Halloween Night, Wednesday, Oct. 31, are $69.
Some favorite Disney characters, including Mickey himself, will dress up in fun, fall costumes. It's the ideal environment to eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.
For Halloween fun at Disneyland, guests enjoy Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland. The experience begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space. The exhilarating drops and curves of the journey are punctuated by piercing screams, creepy sound effects and haunting music.
Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the Tim Burton film "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Jack's return to the Haunted Mansion includes the traditional Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house in the Mansion Ballroom, with some special spooky surprises in this year's design.