At the end of February, over 50 major tech companies filed an amicus brief in support of transgender teen Gavin Grimm and his upcoming Supreme Court hearing over bathroom rights in schools. Today, Yelp — one of the companies that signed the brief — announced a new tool that will allow users to more easily find out if a given business has a gender-neutral bathroom. Yelp users can submit info on the app about a business’s bathrooms, and business owners will also have the option to edit their pages accordingly. In the coming weeks, users will also be able to sort businesses on Yelp based on whether or not they have a gender-neutral bathroom.
Gender neutral restrooms are accessible to persons of any gender and are a locking, single-stall bathroom. On desktop and mobile versions of Yelp, users will be able to see whether or not a business offers gender-neutral bathrooms to patrons. We will also be rolling out the ability to search for businesses on Yelp by the Gender Neutral Restrooms attribute in the weeks to come.
- How Danny DeVito Accidentally Created the Defining Meme of the Trump Presidency
- This Is the Future That Liberals Want
- Sean Spicer Goofs, Announces Donald Trump As New HUD Secretary on Twitter
- WATCH: A Camera Inexplicably Made out of Cardboard That Actually Works
- This Baffling Picture of Strawberries Actually Doesn’t Contain Any Red Pixels