Make Playlists With Your Friends On Spotify With This Buried Feature
Music is fun to listen to with friends. By that logic, it’s a shame that Spotify’s tool to collaborate on playlists remains so tucked away and virtually featureless. Let’s all campaign to make it popular this new year.
This is where you can find it:
1. Open Spotify and go to the left hand column. Note: you’re not able to make the playlist collaborative in Spotify’s web player, only in the desktop program.
2. Scroll down to your playlists. Right click on the playlist you’d like to share with friends. (You can only do this with a playlist that YOU created).
3. Select the option “Collaborative Playlist.” Nothing special happens when you click it, but there should be a checkmark next to the option from now on.
4. To share the playlist, click on the Share button and select the “Send to…” tab on the right.
5. Type in the names of whomever you’d like to share the list with and click the green “Share” button.