Pull out your cable bill right now. On second thought, keep it in your filing drawer — we don’t want to ruin your day. If you were going to whip out your cable and internet bill though, you’d see all sorts of ridiculous fees that tack a ridiculous amount of money onto your already pricey monthly bill. What you might not know, however, is that you can completely eliminate the modem rental fee on that bill, which amounts to between $8 and $10 each month depending on your provider. Just pick up a NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 340Mbps Cable Modem, activate it using the instructions in the manual, and return your old modem to your cable internet provider — you’ll start saving up to $120 each year the moment you do.
Some key notes from the product page:
- CM400 High Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with speeds up to 340Mbps. It is CableLabs certified and with DOCSIS 3.0 is 8X faster than 2.0. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides faster access and downloads
- CableLabs Certified for U.S. Cable Internet Services—DOCSIS 3.0 is 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0
- Works with Cable Internet Providers like XFINIITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision & more (not compatible with cable bundled voice services),Fast self-activation for XFINITY customers
- 8×4 Channel bonding offers the fastest possible cable Internet speeds during peak hours —8 downstream and 4 upstream channels
Trending right now:
- Leak: Can the iPhone 8 compete with a Galaxy S8 that looks like this?
- Verizon is stealing Sprint’s customers with its new unlimited data plan
- This is the most terrifying PS4 and Xbox One game of all time