Twitter, thanks in no small part to Donald Trump’s, um, interesting tweets, is a bit of a dumpster fire. Now, some unknown engineer/internet hero has devised a robot that is taking said designation very literally. On Tuesday, a new account named, aptly, @BurnedYourTweet began tweeting videos of a small robot which prints out President Trump’s tweets like receipts and then lights them on fire in one, smooth move. It is a thing of technological beauty.
As of now, it’s unknown who created @BurnedYourTweet. The account sent its first flaming missive on Tuesday morning, followed by just ten more over the course of the day. Still, more than 4,000 people have already followed the account. (Worth noting, among the 49 accounts currently followed by @BurnedYourTweet, several belong to creative and advertising agencies and agency employees so it’s possible the robot is a publicity stunt. Select All has reached out to @BurnedYourTweet and will update this post if we hear back.)
Who knew this would be such a good week for highly lovable robots.
- A Brief History of ‘Cash Me Outside, Howbow Dah?’
- Why Facebook Is Trying to Turn Itself Into Snapchat
- Find Somebody Who Looks at You Like This Little Girl Looks at This Water Heater She Believes Is a Robot
- Kim Stanley Robinson’s New York 2140: To Save the City, We Had to Drown It
- ‘Sorry, ISPs Are Trying To Do What?’ What to Know About Congress’s New Internet-Privacy Rollback