How to Download All Your Instagram Photos in One Fell Swoop
Instagramming is fun, but it can also feel impermanent. After posting a shot and waiting for the likes to roll in, it’s easy to forget about the moment you captured; ditto for all the photos you’ve ever liked in your feed.
With a Web tool called Instaport, you can automatically download photos you’ve taken or liked on the social network, freeing them from Instagram and storing them on your computer’s hard drive.
It’s a free and relatively quick process:
1. First, go to the Instaport website.
2. Click the big orange button that says Sign in with Instagram.
3. You’ll have to enter your Instagram account login info.
4. Then you’ll need to give the app basic permissions.
5. Once you’ve made it through those formalities, you’ll be brought to the main page of the site, where you can indicate what Instagram photos you want to download to your hard drive. Unfortunately, you can’t save anything you sent over Instagram Direct, but everything else is fair game.