The one thing I loathe more than running late is running late while also texting the person I’m meeting to alert her of that fact. That’s why I very much appreciate the iOS 7 feature that allows you to create shortcuts for common texting lingo. It allows me to type in a three-letter phrase like “omw,” which will magically transform into the complete phrase “on my way” within a text.
Here’s how you can add a shortcut of your very own:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Scroll down and select General.
3. Scroll down and select Keyboard.
4. Scroll down until you see a section called Shortcuts.You’ll see a list of any existing shortcuts you have saved already. To add more, tap Add New Shortcut.
5. This is the creative part. You can basically come up with any shortcut and assign a phrase to it. Just enter the snippet next to Phrase and the shortened version next to Shortcut.
6. The possibilities are endless! Add as many as you need. Just remember to hit Save in the upper-right corner of the screen.
IMO, this is one of the handiest iOS tricks out there.